Seeking Help Fake HyperX RAM?

premierseiji

Reaction score
I just bought a new HyperX DDR3 RAM, but I'm wondering if it's fake.

I don't see any "part number" in CPU-Z, and the serial number looks invalid: Screenshot

I ran it on memtest86, but it didn't find any error (except a note which says: "RAM may be vulnerable to high frequency row hammer bit flips")

All the infos and memtest results are here:

1. Screenshot

2. Screenshot

3. Screenshot

4. Screenshot

5. Screenshot

Should I return it?

Thank you for your time.

Last edited:
Bro,

From which seller you bought the ram?

Please Do this and check the details once. (I think this works only in win10... I'm not sure about win7)

Manufacturer:
  1. Open Start.
  2. Type Command Prompt, right-click the top result and select the Run as administratoroption.
  3. Type the following command to determine the memory manufacturer name and press Enter:
    wmic memorychip get devicelocator, manufacturer
Memory part number:
  1. Open Start.
  2. Type Command Prompt, right-click the top result and select the Run as administratoroption.
  3. Type the following command to determine the memory part number and press Enter:
    wmic memorychip get devicelocator, partnumber

You can also use third party apps like aida64 extreme for the serial number and manufacturer name.

Last edited:
Bro,

From which seller you bought the ram?

Please Do this and check the details once. (I think this works only in win10... I'm not sure about win7)

Manufacturer:
  1. Open Start.
  3. Type the following command to determine the memory manufacturer name and press Enter:
    wmic memorychip get devicelocator, manufacturer
Memory part number:
  1. Open Start.
  3. Type the following command to determine the memory part number and press Enter:
    wmic memorychip get devicelocator, partnumber

You can also use third party apps like aida64 extreme for the serial number and manufacturer name.

I just did and it also worked on Windows 7, but the part number is really blank (same with CPU-Z): Screenshot

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock