Seeking Help Fake HyperX RAM?

premierseiji

Reaction score
I just bought a new HyperX DDR3 RAM, but I'm wondering if it's fake.

I don't see any "part number" in CPU-Z, and the serial number looks invalid: Screenshot

I ran it on memtest86, but it didn't find any error (except a note which says: "RAM may be vulnerable to high frequency row hammer bit flips")

All the infos and memtest results are here:

1. Screenshot

2. Screenshot

3. Screenshot

4. Screenshot

5. Screenshot

Should I return it?

Thank you for your time.

Last edited:

Raviteja

Guru
Contributor
Reaction score
Bro,

From which seller you bought the ram?

Please Do this and check the details once. (I think this works only in win10... I'm not sure about win7)

Manufacturer:
  1. Open Start.
  2. Type Command Prompt, right-click the top result and select the Run as administratoroption.
  3. Type the following command to determine the memory manufacturer name and press Enter:
    wmic memorychip get devicelocator, manufacturer
Memory part number:
  1. Open Start.
  2. Type Command Prompt, right-click the top result and select the Run as administratoroption.
  3. Type the following command to determine the memory part number and press Enter:
    wmic memorychip get devicelocator, partnumber

You can also use third party apps like aida64 extreme for the serial number and manufacturer name.

Last edited:

premierseiji

Reaction score
Bro,

From which seller you bought the ram?

Please Do this and check the details once. (I think this works only in win10... I'm not sure about win7)

Manufacturer:
  1. Open Start.
  3. Type the following command to determine the memory manufacturer name and press Enter:
    wmic memorychip get devicelocator, manufacturer
Memory part number:
  1. Open Start.
  3. Type the following command to determine the memory part number and press Enter:
    wmic memorychip get devicelocator, partnumber

You can also use third party apps like aida64 extreme for the serial number and manufacturer name.

I just did and it also worked on Windows 7, but the part number is really blank (same with CPU-Z): Screenshot

Last edited:
Top Bottom