England tour to India 2012/13: News, Scores and Updates

• Thread starter Thread starter mmadhankumar
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 794
  • Views Views: Views 55,553
ICC approves Ranchi stadium

The ICC has approved the newly constructed HEC International Stadium in Ranchi, which will host its first international match on January 19 - the third ODI between India and England. The ICC inspection team, headed by David Boon, inspected the stadium a fortnight ago and was satisfied with the facilities, security and location. A three-member ECB team also visited the venue on Thursday and gave it a green signal.

Ranchi is the hometown of MS Dhoni, the India captain. The ground is yet to host a first-class or List A game.

"The ICC had given the green signal to hold the ODI four days ago. The last time Jharkhand had hosted an ODI was in 2006 against England (in Jamshedpur)," Jharkhand State Cricket Association (JSCA) president Amitabh Choudhary said. "And there is every possibility of Dhoni leading India on his home soil for the first time."

@Karthik no news yet bro. maybe after the CLT20

May be 3 spinners:
ashwin
harbajan
ojha

yuvi will make a comeback

My XI: Gambhir, Sehwag, Kohli, Sachin, Yuvraj, Pujara, Dhoni, Zaheer, Ashwin, Harbhajan, Umesh Yadav

Reserves: Chawla, Badrinath, Raina, Ojha, Ishant

bro mmadhankumar, why dont we drop Ghambir, as his bat is not talking for atleast one year+ now in test arena. I think Ajinka or M.Vijay should be given chance in place of Ghambir.

nskaran said:
bro mmadhankumar, why dont we drop Ghambir, as his bat is not talking for atleast one year+ now in test arena. I think Ajinka or M.Vijay should be given chance in place of Ghambir.

no bro since its a home series i back gambhir. and no one can deny that gauti and viru are the best available indian pair today.

ofcourse rahane is good(may be he can replace raina from my squad) and has a great future but vijay :no:no:no

Back
Top Bottom