Dropbox Passwords

• Thread starter Bapun
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 14
  • Views: Views 1,550
No. Never. Browsers store them in plain text. Anyone who has logs/access to your computer has access to your passwords too. Not just that. If you happen to sell your computer and haven't properly erased your files, your passwords are at stake if it lands on a wrong hand. And incase, if your computer gets infected by a malware it's Diwali for that malware if you store your passwords on browser. They can access all of them without much effort.

Safer way is to use a password manager software/app.
Can You recommend any software ?
No. Never. Browsers store them in plain text. Anyone who has logs/access to your computer has access to your passwords too. Not just that. If you happen to sell your computer and haven't properly erased your files, your passwords are at stake if it lands on a wrong hand. And incase, if your computer gets infected by a malware it's Diwali for that malware if you store your passwords on browser. They can access all of them without much effort.

Safer way is to use a password manager software/app.
I don't have brother sister cousin to use my phone or laptop.
Yes. U are correct. Before sailing computer , one should format the HDD properly. And obviously from Google Setting , one must have to delete his old Computer account properly.
If anyone using original Win 10 and Windows Defender and no other pirated software , is there any chances of malware attack in his pc ?
And lastly , would you please recommend any password manager software ?

No software is risk free in today's world. So i am just recommending based on my usage. I have personally tried Kaspersky Password, KeePass and LastPass and have finally settled with LastPass. It has multiple os support. It has a mobile app with biometric support. It has a feature rich free version which is more than enough for normal usage. Just make sure you have a complex enough and at the same time a easy to remember master password.

And another important point to remember is that, we have to use different passwords for every site. Refrain from using same password on multiple sites. And using the combo of same email/username and password is even more deadly.

Imagine you are using same email and password on 10 different sites. One of those sites gets hacked and your email/password is out. Now the hacker could also access the remaining 9 sites using the logins as you have used the same on all the sites. So have unique passwords for each site.

Dropbox is adding a new feature on top of its usual offerings of storage and file sharing for free Basic accounts. Dropbox Passwords, the password management feature the company introduced for paying customers in 2020, will be free for Dropbox Basic accounts in April — with a new, arbitrary limit of 50 passwords that makes it seem suspiciously like a way to upsell you on a paid Dropbox account.

Dropbox will have a free password manager in April — if you’ve got 50 or fewer passwords

will be free for Dropbox Basic accounts in April — with a new, arbitrary limit of 50 passwords that makes it seem suspiciously like a way to upsell you on a paid Dropbox account.
Ya, that's too low for daily usage. The web is large enough to have at least 100 passwords.

Ya, that's too low for daily usage. The web is large enough to have at least 100 passwords.
Yeah, text based password doesn't require much space anyway. They can easily provide 100 passwords.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock