Seeking Help Doubts regarding ARC in TV +Home Theater..

Mr.Bhat

Contributor
Reaction score
Today I am receiving new 4K UHD TV warranty replacement for my old faulty TV...I am getting new model of TV...It doesn't have optical port but have ARC...My HT too have ARC HDMI out port...
Now suppose the ARC in HDMI source no 2 and I am connecting Firetv Stick 4K to source no 1or 3 ports...Then can I get 5:1 Dolby in HT?
I have enabled HDMI CEC in TV..
What setting I should make in HT other than Enabling CEC...
@Siva and other members please guide me as I have never tried ARC connection..
Thanx in advance..

Today I am receiving new 4K UHD TV warranty replacement for my old faulty TV...I am getting new model of TV...It doesn't have optical port but have ARC...My HT too have ARC HDMI out port...
Now suppose the ARC in HDMI source no 2 and I am connecting Firetv Stick 4K to source no 1or 3 ports...Then can I get 5:1 Dolby in HT?
Thanx in advance..
I always had this doubt. The option is there for my friend's HT but was never able to tinker with it

I have 1 more doubt..
Does coaxial cable gives 5:1 Dolby sounds?

Thanx in advance..
1. You should connect HDMI ARC ports from TV and HT
2. Connect your firestick (or STB) to your TV
3. Video from firestick (or STB) will be fed to TV and audio to your HT due to ARC

Note: HDMI ARC has to be enabled in TV settings

Last edited:
Yes, that's exactly the way ARC works. Connect your TV and HT with ARC inputs. Use the other HDMI inputs on the TV to connect your equipment like fire stick or STB etc.

For optimal use ,
For using 1 Fire stick and 1 STB you need 3 HDMI Port TV with one port ARC port or a HT with HDMI in.

For optimal use ,
For using 1 Fire stick and 1 STB you need 3 HDMI Port TV with one port ARC port or a HT with HDMI in.
Exactly. My TV doesn't have ARC. so i have connected my TV with my HT via normal HDMI ports and firestick (or STD) is connected to the HDMI inputs in HT.

Exactly. My TV doesn't have ARC. so i have connected my TV with my HT via normal HDMI ports and firestick (or STD) is connected to the HDMI inputs in HT.
Which HT u are using that having HDMI in . (Except HTIV300)

Thank all for the timely guidences...
Technician tried hard to enable ARC and got it...Sadly the Dolby Sound was not there...He contacted senior person and tried few things and even reset the HT but not worked..After enabling ARC TV remote got paired to firetv stick ,HT and TV which I don't want...Once I switch on TV then I am not using TV remote anytime...I am using FS remote for both HT and stick...
I removed 1 cable from AV cable and connected to Coaxial port...It worked but still no Dolby....technician left...Later I have changed some settings in HT...Hurray...Now Dolby 5:1 working fine in coaxial cable...Then removed ARC by disabling HDMI control in TV...

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock