Done deal: Microsoft entry-level feature phone assets sold to FIH Mobile

abhinaba

Reaction score
As announced in May, Microsoft today completed their deal on selling their entry-level feature phone assets to FIH Mobile Ltd., a subsidiary of Hon Hai/Foxconn Technology Group, and HMD Global, Oy for $350 million. As part of the deal, FIH Mobile Ltd. also acquired Microsoft Mobile Vietnam — the company’s Hanoi, Vietnam, manufacturing facility.

Microsoft has transferred substantially all of its feature phone assets, including brands, software and services, care network and other assets, customer contracts, and critical supply agreements to FIH Mobile. On a related news, HMD Global today announced that they will start selling Nokia branded Android smartphones from next year

Are microsoft mobiles still selling in India? After Nokia Sold Lumia, i didn't saw anyone using a MS brand phone!

Here in shops all smartphones are android and feature phone are made of Zen or hitech or micromax

Sarkar said:
Here in shops all smartphones are android and feature phone are made of Zen or hitech or micromax

No mention of Samsung? :eek

Bapun Raz said:
Are microsoft mobiles still selling in India? After Nokia Sold Lumia, i didn't saw anyone using a MS brand phone!

In W.B i see a lot of Lumia devices with middle aged people. I myself use 2 Lumia & all my family members use at least one Lumia device. In recent times Lumia 535 was super hit & Lumia 540 also created some buzz. Quality wise last best midrange Lumia was Lumia 640XL.

Bapun Raz said:
No mention of Samsung? :eek
I don't see Samsung feature phone. I had one. I wish I could repair it. All Samsung phones are smartphone now.

Sarkar said:
I don't see Samsung feature phone. I had one. I wish I could repair it. All Samsung phones are smartphone now.

That's indeed true, Samsung Guru phones used to be good.

We recently bought 3 Samsung feature phones for 1000 each and they are excellent.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock