Discussion Does anyone really Hotstar subscribe hotstar in its original yearly cost?

• Thread starter Bapun
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 8
  • Views: Views 1,195

Bapun

Staff member
Community Manager
Solutions
Reaction score
My hotstar annum subscription has been expired today. They sent me a mail quoting a discount pricing of 999 which i had even paid last year.

Screenshot of the mail:

o7fuLua.jpg

Hostar faq (Frequently Asked Questions & Queries - hotstar.com) page says the following:

We offer 2 plans for Premium membership. A deeply discounted yearly plan for Rs. 999 or a monthly recurring plan for Rs. 199. The Rs. 199 plan comes with a 7 day trial period, you'll be charged upfront but if you cancel within the first 7 days, you'll receive a full refund.

After reading the 999 price everywhere as discounted i want to know if anyone really does subscribe the service at original cost i.e. 2,388 per year?

Bro First Time I also Saw Hotstar Subscription 999 is Discounted, real price is 2388. Because I never saw this price. In app I always view its showing 999 yearly highest subscription plan since many years.

Last edited:
That is exactly how the question arises. If no one really can subscribe at original cost how come they have been saying heavily discontinued cost. It should be the regular cost. I guess they are just using the original amount for the sake of discount mention!

It's called inflatable price bro.

After reading the 999 price everywhere as discounted i want to know if anyone really does subscribe the service at original cost i.e. 2,388 per year?

Bro it's nothing but 199 × 12 = 2388, just like a ARP discount yearly pack costs only Rs.999/-.

Only a Monthly subscriber will incur 2388 per year.

Last edited:
@Bapun Raz bro, thought this might be helpful, if you are not already aware:

How to get Hotstar Premium for free?
With Hotstar Premium, which costs Rs. 999 annually or Rs. 199 monthly, you can access premium titles and live sports including Cricket English Premier League, F1, and Tennis among others.

However, Flipkart Plus members can get free annual membership of Hotstar Premium by redeeming 50 coins.

Notably, for 1 coin, you'll have to shop for Rs. 250 or more (maximum 10 coins per order).

Source: Here's how to get free Netflix, Amazon Prime, Hotstar, SonyLiv

@Bapun Raz bro, thought this might be helpful, if you are not already aware
I am aware of it bro since our forum members have shared it already. Just can't subscribe it as i am not Flipkart plus user.

@Bapun Raz bro, thought this might be helpful, if you are not already aware:

How to get Hotstar Premium for free?
With Hotstar Premium, which costs Rs. 999 annually or Rs. 199 monthly, you can access premium titles and live sports including Cricket English Premier League, F1, and Tennis among others.

However, Flipkart Plus members can get free annual membership of Hotstar Premium by redeeming 50 coins.

Notably, for 1 coin, you'll have to shop for Rs. 250 or more (maximum 10 coins per order).

Source: Here's how to get free Netflix, Amazon Prime, Hotstar, SonyLiv
I was not aware thanks for letting me know this 😍

What they mean is that the monthly is 199 Rs/- which 199*12=2388 rupees, so they are saying when you pay yearly you save far more than paying on a month-to-month basis.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock