Discussion Do you think Flipkart and Amazon needs OTP based delivery?

• Thread starter iDJ
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 12
  • Views: Views 4,978

Do you think Flipkart and Amazon needs OTP based delivery?

• Don't need OTP based delivery as it causes inconvenience.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

iDJ

Elite
Contributor
Solutions
Reaction score
Yesterday, I lost a good deal when delivery agent kept my item and market it delivered. This made me panaroid. Although I didn't lose any money since it was a COD order. And it was just ₹13 worth ot a product. It send me shocks that 90% of my online order are prepaid. Now imagine it was a prepaid order worth ₹5000. Imagine all the process and frustration one has to go through recover the money.

With so much frauds happening. Can't the platforms just provide OTP based deliveries. In that case theft can also be prevented. Delivery also can protect themselves from theft if they offer the product post delivery. JioMart which is a grocery delivery service of Jio requires OTPs for all orders. Be it a cash on delivery on prepaid orders. There is also a downside that you need to be available to get the orders. Security guard might find difficult to collect the order.

So what do you think about it. Pleas vote.

Last edited:
Yesterday, I got my new phone Motorola G62 delivered. Looks like Flipkart is following the system you are suggesting for Prepaid orders of higher value. The delivery person allowed me to open the box (they never allow earlier) and check the phone, even asked me to switch it ON and check thoroughly. Later he took photos of the phone, QR in parcel and finally applied the OTP / PIN I got via SMS & also in App. The whole process took good 10 minutes.

The person who came was an office staff and since many delivery boys took leave (its Sunday), he came for delivery, since he earlier worked as delivery boy only. He informed me that, upto 10 cases of delivery boys takings goods away has been reported in Madurai region and so FK started following these methods. It is good for customers, but the only problem is (according to him for delivery boys) "One such delivery takes time of minimum 3 normal deliveries. But this one is a necessary evil, as few guys have given black mark to the Co".

Yesterday, I lost a good deal when delivery agent kept my item and market it delivered. This made me panaroid. Although I didn't lose any money since it was a COD order. And it was just ₹13 worth ot a product. It send me shocks that 90% of my online order are prepaid. Now imagine it was a prepaid order worth ₹5000. Imagine all the process and frustration one has to go through recover the money.

With so much frauds happening. Can't that just provide OTP based deliveries. In that case theft can also be prevented. Delivery also can protect themselves from theft if they offer the product post delivery. JioMart which is a grocery delivery service of Jio requires OTPs for all orders. Be it a cash on delivery on prepaid orders. There is also a downside that you need to be available to get the orders. Security guard might find difficult to collect the order.

So what do you think about it. Pleas vote.
Which courier company?
I'm faced twice from ecom and after even complaining about customer care not worked lost my orders:verysad2:..

Yesterday, I got my new phone Motorola G62 delivered. Looks like Flipkart is following the system you are suggesting for Prepaid orders of higher value. The delivery person allowed me to open the box (they never allow earlier) and check the phone, even asked me to switch it ON and check thoroughly. Later he took photos of the phone, QR in parcel and finally applied the OTP / PIN I got via SMS & also in App. The whole process took good 10 minutes.

The person who came was an office staff and since many delivery boys took leave (its Sunday), he came for delivery, since he earlier worked as delivery boy only. He informed me that, upto 10 cases of delivery boys takings goods away has been reported in Madurai region and so FK started following these methods. It is good for customers, but the only problem is (according to him for delivery boys) "One such delivery takes time of minimum 3 normal deliveries. But this one is a necessary evil, as few guys have given black mark to the Co".
I just had a conversation with the support. Flipkart support said. Any prepaid orders above ₹700 requires OTP for delivery. I think this should be available for all prepaid products wheter it cost ₹7 or ₹700.

Which courier company?
I'm faced twice from ecom and after even complaining about customer care not worked lost my orders:verysad2:..
Ekart Logistics which is what shocked me.

They have system to detect abuse and enable the precautionary measures in specific pin codes. Amazon also requires OTP based delivery authentication for high value items. Personally I never faced any issue related to false delivery from Amazon or Flipkart.

When the delivery agent marks any package as delivered the system logs his exact GPS location which can be later analysed in case of fraud or complaint from customer.

For me OTP just adds extra hassle. Most Amazon guys know our family and they keep the order marked delivered before one of us comes downstairs to receive it, this saves time for both of us. We can also easily ask them to leave package with neighbours which is really difficult with OTP.

High value items from Flipkart follow Open Box+OTP method for delivery. They have introduced this a while ago, perhaps after several news articles about bricks being delivered instead of mobiles. Amazon too follows OTP method for high value deliveries. In my opinion, current method is good i.e., OTP for items over a certain value. For lower valued items, OTP will be a hassle, however, it is necessary for high valued items.

Poll needs one more option to consider the current method.

May be this is why Flipkart is having either very large delivery duration or non availability of some high value items on some pincodes. Recently i ordered Moto G62 with a delivery date of 13 September. Will cancel if no progress in some days

Poll options updated. Sorry for the inconvenience caused. Please vote again.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock