Disney's Mulan | Disney+ Hotstar | Dec 4

• Thread starter iDJ
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 20
  • Views: Views 2,292
This was bound to happen. This is first movie after the backlash of Wuhan Virus. We know how CCP buys influence. They would really love postive views on their culture.

Look simply telling CCP is responsible is not right. The movie was screened to Critics in first week of March itself. Many people praised it then only. Thats the reason Disney confidently kept $30 price tag on it.

Why didn't Time Magazine post a positive review then?
Source

Leaving the topic. Will watch the movie then discuss.

So what man? Even the Masterpieces have negative reviews. They are entitled to have their personal opinions. Last year's Jojo Rabbit doesn't even have 70% on RT but it's my favourite movie of the year. And I quote its a Masterpiece.

Last edited:
So what man? Even the Masterpieces have negative reviews. They are entitled to their personal opinions. Last year's Jojo Rabbit doesn't even have 70% on RT but it's favourite movie of the year. And I quote its a Masterpiece.
Completely agree on this. Each individual have their own personal choice/taste. And I don't feel Jojo Rabbit is a Masterpiece, it's a good movie though.

Mulan faces huge backlash from audience

Disney's live-action remake of "Mulan" is now released -- but some people won't be watching.

Pro-democracy activists in Hong Kong are reigniting calls to boycott the film, now joined by activists in Thailand and Taiwan. The calls erupted last year when the film's lead actress Liu Yifei expressed support for Hong Kong police, who anti-government demonstrators accuse of using excessive force to quell unrest.

Pro-democracy activists are again calling on people to boycott 'Mulan'

This is similar to #MeToo. Good actors got kicked off industry for being jerks.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock