Discussion Discovery+ News & Updates

I've subscribed to the yearly plan by paying Rs299/- on 15th March. But just now I got an email saying my subscription is cancelled. Any inputs in this regard. Thanks.
coMf89l.jpg
Check within the app in the subscription section, it might say cancelled to indicate that it will not be auto renewed but the existing subscription will be valid until 15th March 2021.

I got 30% off on annual subscription under the Google pay promotion, effective subscription price Rs.209. Google pay is offering anywhere between 30% to 50% off on the annual subscription.

N5rThJd.jpg

I got 30% off on annual subscription under the Google pay promotion, effective subscription price Rs.209. Google pay is offering anywhere between 30% to 50% off on the annual subscription.

N5rThJd.jpg
What are the benefits of paying for premium subscriptionship?

What are the benefits of paying for premium subscriptionship?
Some shows are only available for premium users. And as of now it's just half the content, there will be more content added from other channels including BBC in the coming days and soon it will have ads in the free videos which won't be there for premium members.

Some shows are only available for premium users. And as of now it's just half the content, there will be more content added from other channels including BBC in the coming days and soon it will have ads in the free videos which won't be there for premium members.
Isn't BBC content exclusive to Sony as part of BBC Earth deal?

Isn't BBC content exclusive to Sony as part of BBC Earth deal?
Ya I thought so too, but the official press release mentions BBC name in the list of content providers. Currently some BBC documentaries like planet Earth 2 are available on Amazon prime video and others like Titanic are available on Tata sky on demand video. So the deal with Sony might not be all that exclusive afterall.

they even had to add live tv option

Check within the app in the subscription section, it might say cancelled to indicate that it will not be auto renewed but the existing subscription will be valid until 15th March 2021.

Yes, it is showing as Annual Plan and subscribed till 15/03/2021.

But why was it cancelled and why was the subscription amount refunded.

Yes, it is showing as Annual Plan and subscribed till 15/03/2021.

But why was it cancelled and why was the subscription amount refunded.
Cancelled indicates that after one year the subscription will be cancelled and won't be auto renewed basically discovery may want to increase the subscription price after one year so they auto cancel renewal post 1 year.
But even in this case the amount should not have been refunded to you. If it has been refunded then you are lucky to have gotten complementary premium annual subscription.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock