Discussion Digital rights of Hindi/Bollywood Movies

Why don't movies not released on OTT platform under RENT scheme on the same of day theatrical release simultaneously. So that who cant go to Hall/Plex for any reason can easily opt for OTT platform. Price should be little higher than Plex's but it should be there on the same day.
I wish they put all movies on RENT scheme at least after one year. Almost all SRK movies are available for rent on some platform or other. But not of others like Salman and Aamir. Even south superstar movies are not available for rent.

Now I am interested to watch all past movies of Jawan director Atlee. But for each movie I have to subscribe to different platforms.

Raja Rani - Hotstar
Theri - Sun Nxt
Mersal - Netflix
Bigil - Amazon

Last edited:
Why OMG2 changed from jiocinema to Netflix? And it is jio studios home production
Because jio cinema does not release movie. 1 movie named "Zara hatke Zara Bachke" is still not available on jio cinema and movie released in June 2023

Why OMG2 changed from jiocinema to Netflix? And it is jio studios home production
Maybe they both will share the streaming rights. Originally the digital rights were with Jio Cinema but due to a tremendous theatrical run , Netflix had purchased it from them

If it shows "Viacom18 presents" on poster, then it will not be on Jio Cinema. Remember that Rocky aur Rani was presented by Viacom18. It is on amazon.

But if it shows "Jio Studios presents", then we can estimate that it will be on Jio Cinema.

Btw, this week there is movie from Jio Studios called "Dono" which we can expect on Jio Cinema after 8 weeks.

bCsK36k.jpg

Last edited:
2 movies releasing this week will be on Netflix:
  • Mission Raniganj
  • Thank You For Coming

fUI8XkK.jpg

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock