Discussion Digital rights of Hindi/Bollywood Movies

Afwaah on Netflix

wbOETWT.jpg

The Kerala Story completed 8 weeks in theatres.

Today is the expected OTT release date. But I think it is in trouble.

Why don't movies not released on OTT platform under RENT scheme on the same of day theatrical release simultaneously. So that who cant go to Hall/Plex for any reason can easily opt for OTT platform. Price should be little higher than Plex's but it should be there on the same day.

Why don't movies not released on OTT platform under RENT scheme on the same of day theatrical release simultaneously. So that who cant go to Hall/Plex for any reason can easily opt for OTT platform. Price should be little higher than Plex's but it should be there on the same day.
Piracy. At International market studios releases movies for select hotels. But they get leaked. You can see leaked version of movies in HD print coming with hardcoded Korean subtitles. Cam print leaks at same day. Most people avoid it to because of terrible grainy quality. Now imagine same releasing in 4K. Will anyone bother going to theatres?

IMO studios needs to have a 50-50 strategy where one movie releases at theatres and second releases on OTT sites to cater to all audiences.

Piracy. At International market studios releases movies for select hotels. But they get leaked. You can see leaked version of movies in HD print coming with hardcoded Korean subtitles. Cam print leaks at same day. Most people avoid it to because of terrible grainy quality. Now imagine same releasing in 4K. Will anyone bother going to theatres?

IMO studios needs to have a 50-50 strategy where one movie releases at theatres and second releases on OTT sites to cater to all audiences.
Yes Piracy is a big concern. Some of my colleagues using Iphone latest model, incoming handsome salary every month but still either download pirated movies from websites and watch them or beg for ott subscription and watch.
Ridiculous.

Yes Piracy is a big concern. Some of my colleagues using Iphone latest model, incoming handsome salary every month but still either download pirated movies from websites and watch them or beg for ott subscription and watch.
Ridiculous.
Too be fair I relate with them. It is just too much to pay. I calculated my yearly and monthly OTT cost. It monthly cost me ₹679 - ₹189 (uncle pays) = ₹500. Despite having a JioFiber bundle and share YouTube Premium with friends. We don't see it this way because we directly pay for annual subscriptions.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock