Discussion Digital rights of Hindi/Bollywood Movies

Shubh Mangal zyada saavdhan both satellite and digital rights are with Amazon prime video
If true it is very unfortunate. Amazon getting not only the digital but also the satellite rights of the movie results in a dog-in-the-manger situation. Amazon has the TV rights but no TV channels, whereas those who have the TV channels do not have the rights. Varun Dhawan’s October suffered from this fate.

With The Sky is Pink I think the story is different; instead of Netflix having both the satellite and the digital rights, it has only the digital rights and nobody has the satellite rights (anyone can confirm).

In either case the movie will never come on traditional TV channels. :cf2: The Dog in the Manger — Wikipedia

Last edited:
If true it is very unfortunate. Amazon getting not only the digital but also the satellite rights of the movie results in a dog-in-the-manger situation. Amazon has the TV rights but no TV channels, whereas those who have the TV channels do not have the rights. Varun Dhawan’s October suffered from this fate.

With The Sky is Pink I think the story is different; instead of Netflix having both the satellite and the digital rights, it has only the digital rights and nobody has the satellite rights (anyone can confirm).

In either case the movie will never come on traditional TV channels. :cf2: The Dog in the Manger — Wikipedia
I think the rights are with Zee network. RSVP films

Sooryavansi Sattelite Rights with zee Cinema and digital Rights with Netflix.
Sooryavanshi Digital Rights bought by Netflix and Satellite Rights with Zee

hv29nqz.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock