Discussion Digital rights of Hindi/Bollywood Movies

What I believe is The Rights are Not taken By Any Channel due to It's Content and If You See Amazon Prime Video is Exclusive Digital And Satellite Streaming Partner
What if there will never be a TV premiere? :skd: This is what happened with Varun Dhawan’s October where Amazon has both the satellite and the digital rights. Therefore it will never come on Zee, Star, Sony, etc.

What if there will never be a TV premiere? :skd: This is what happened with Varun Dhawan’s October where Amazon has both the satellite and the digital rights. Therefore it will never come on Zee, Star, Sony, etc.
It will surely be bagged by Sony since after DLKH they haven't got a Film starring Ayushmaan. Since he being on a success streak right now plus it's unavailability of a big star tie up It will surely be a plus for SPN library. The last non Yrf Big Star Film for SPN was Dilwale and they need a big star film for prime time airings like TZH, Sultan, 3 id*ots, Pk etc They are in a desperate need of a big star movie and I think Kabhi Eid Kabhi Diwali will be the big star push for SPN (Reports of Disney-Star and Nadiadwala Fallout are going around the trade circle)

Tomorrow onwards DDLJ full movie available on Amazon Prime video
Also looks like prime video Renewed deal with YRF
Star maybe Telecast War movie premiere after some selected movies of YRF Library
DDLJ will not move to Star soon. Kunal Kohli films may move. Mohabbatein and Chak De India not moving (regular airing on SPN)

Bro I hope you remember that Star network Deal with Salman Khan , Ajay Devgan and Hrithik Roshan all 3 actors movies Star got Both Satellite and Digital Rights
If War sold by Hrithik Roshan than sure Digital Rights Hotstar
Yash Raj films Sold War Rights separately

Brother it is not necessary that Star will get digital rights too for each movie where a deal is in place or in general acquisition. At present stars or producers r selling each right to company which gives best offer... See the recent Salman Khan deal with zee and amazon.

But yes there is a possibility that War is part of YRF combo deal or it may be possible that Hrithik bought its rights and gave to Star India. Still no official statement to prove either cases. Also YRF logo missing from promos is another strange thing, i think Star would have gone big to announce this partnership if War was part of it. Anyways let's wait to see what is in store

2020 digital rights
Netflix - Bhangra Paa Le, Shimla Mirchi, Jai Mummy Di, Malang, Kaamyaab, Sooryavanshi, 83,The Girl On the Train, Shakuntala Devi, Helmet, Laal Singh Chadha
Amazon Prime Video - Street Dancer 3D, Jawani Jaaneman, Bhoot Part One The Haunted Ship, Shubh Mangal Zyaada Savdhaan, Thappad, Haathi Mere Saathi, Gunjan Saxena, Coolie No 1 , Jhund, Radhe, Indoo Ki Jawani, Chhalaang, Bunty Aur Babli 2 , Shershaah, Shamshera, Sadak 2 , Haseen Dilruba, Satyameva Jayate 2 , Toofan, Prithviraj, Aankh Micholi (Columbia Pictures), Brahmastra,
Hotstar - Tanhaji, Chhappak, Panga, Baaghi 3 , Lootcase, Dil Bechara, Laxxmi Bomb, Bhuj : The Pride Of India, Hungama 2 (most probably)
Zee5 - Hacked, Khaali Peeli, Thalaivi (high chance), Attack, Jersey, Maidaan

2020 digital rights
Netflix - Bhangra Paa Le, Shimla Mirchi, Jai Mummy Di, Malang, Kaamyaab, Sooryavanshi, 83,The Girl On the Train, Shakuntala Devi, Helmet, Laal Singh Chadha
Amazon Prime Video - Street Dancer 3D, Jawani Jaaneman, Bhoot Part One The Haunted Ship, Shubh Mangal Zyaada Savdhaan, Thappad, Haathi Mere Saathi, Gunjan Saxena, Coolie No 1 , Jhund, Radhe, Indoo Ki Jawani, Chhalaang, Bunty Aur Babli 2 , Shershaah, Shamshera, Sadak 2 , Haseen Dilruba, Satyameva Jayate 2 , Toofan, Prithviraj, Aankh Micholi (Columbia Pictures), Brahmastra,
Hotstar - Tanhaji, Chhappak, Panga, Baaghi 3 , Lootcase, Dil Bechara, Laxxmi Bomb, Bhuj : The Pride Of India, Hungama 2 (most probably)
Bhool bhulaiya 2

2020 digital rights

I guess Sadak 2 and Bramhastra are being Co-produced by Star, I guess they will go to hotstar. Hotstar is even promoting Bramhastra on their VIP handle.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock