Discussion Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic

“Nobody is understanding the challenges of supplying oxygen to a nation that is at war”

Quartz spoke to Siddharth Jain, director of INOX Air Products, the largest manufacturer of liquid oxygen in India, to understand the perspective of the producers. Jain believes that it is wrong to put the onus on oxygen makers as they are doing their best. “We are trying, nobody is understanding the logistical challenges in supplying oxygen to a nation that is at war simultaneously in 30 states. It’s a Herculean task,” he said.

Do you think India could not have anticipated this spike in Covid-19 cases and no preparation would have been enough?
Absolutely… Why cases spike in this manner is beyond me. I don’t think any country would have been prepared for this kind of acceleration (in Covid-19 cases), which is currently the world’s highest.
All I can say is from an infrastructure perspective, we are scaling up. India has increased its oxygen manufacturing capacity by 30% within a month. This is unfathomable. I don’t think it has happened globally. It’s a world record in itself. The effort has been so enormous, however, increasing the capacity of manufacturing is not the same as getting it to the patient.

Why nobody is talking about the general public, some blame needs to be taken by us also for not following the covid appropriate behaviour
You are kidding. Right? Netas were shamelessly bloating about beating the virus. Some even announced to not wear mask. Perception among public was. We have beaten the virus.

You are kidding. Right? Netas were shamelessly bloating about beating the virus. Some even announced to not wear mask. Perception among public was. We have beaten the virus.
No I am not and this can't be opportunity of kidding. Netas are id*ots but are we also. Atleast educated people should have behaved and followed the guidelines.

Lol, the govt didn't stop kumbh (which was at a much larger scale) they couldn't have stopped this.
Kumbh happened at one place and permission was given when covid was almost in control and it was suspended the moment second wave became stronger.

However, this is happening in every village, mohalla and cities of India which should have been controlled.

Kumbh happened at one place and permission was given when covid was almost in control and it was suspended the moment second wave became stronger.

However, this is happening in every village, mohalla and cities of India which should have been controlled.

I love it. How things are so dynamic here. Remember yesterday common people were blamed for not wearing masked and following protocol. COVID wasn't contained back than. But all of a sudden it was contained when debate starts about Kumbh Mela. Keeping all these aside. Selective outrage and whataboutery after over religious activity needs to stop. All religious activists is wrong. Let priest do their work at religious places. And practice one's own religion at home. No God will hate you. Instead love you more for trying to save humanity.

I love it. How things are so dynamic here. Remember yesterday common people were blamed for not wearing masked and following protocol. COVID wasn't contained back than. But all of a sudden it was contained when debate starts about Kumbh Mela. Keeping all these aside. Selective outrage and whataboutery after over religious activity needs to stop. All religious activists is wrong. Let priest do their work at religious places. And practice one's own religion at home. No God will hate you. Instead love you more for trying to save humanity.
No dear, I didnt defend Kumbh. Also, Kumbh is history now but this is happening every Friday.

Problem with you is that you don't read properly and jump to conclusions.

I never blamed public entirely, however said equally responsible. No govt can controll such kind of pandemic without responsible support of public.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock