Discussion Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic

Whatever happens. State governments should be given full responsibility about this lockdown. As they seem more realistic about the situation and economic situation at the ground. My state's government which is lead my same party as central government plans seems more realistic than central government's plans. It's not time to gain credit. But be people friendly at the time of distress.

Anyone living in Cities, are you guys able to order Grocery from Big Basket or Amazon Pantry?

For me in Pune both are not working, placed multiple orders on Big Basket last week for delivery today and they cancelled all orders in the morning and now I don't have anyway to get the grocery as shops outside my society are also closed, even not able to order induction cooktop and water purifier from Amazon.

Big Basket and Amazon both are saying that local authorities are not allowing them to deliver even though they come under essential services under central govt rules.

My father is a Bank Manager and he is above 58 and banks are still open and he is going regularly. :sad:
I think they will only allow minimum essential staff. Plus he is old. He can asked for leave. If they don't allow. Ask him to use his leave days.
Anyone living in Cities, are you guys able to order Grocery from Big Basket or Amazon Pantry?

For me in Pune both are not working, placed multiple orders on Big Basket last week for delivery today and they cancelled all orders in the morning and now I don't have anyway to get the grocery as shops outside my society are also closed, even not able to order induction cooktop and water purifier from Amazon.

Big Basket and Amazon both are saying that local authorities are not allowing them to deliver even though they come under essential services under central govt rules.
India Today reported e-commerce sites will be allowed to deliver. As they sell essential commodities.

Last edited:
Uttar Pradesh CM Yogi Adityanath announces items like vegetables and milk will be available to purchase directly from home.

Source : Aaj Tak

Post Edited.

Last edited:
Even in my city the Home delivery services have started from today for basic essentials like Salt, sugar, rice, atta, oil and some common vegetables.

One person has to place order on behalf of the society or building and then stand near the main gate and a person will get it delivered at the gate.

Done by the state government

Guys I'm scared now. My father have a grocery shop all the essential goods are finished. In our village all the grocery store have very less stock(rice,saal,oil etc).
Don't worry. Fresh stock shall be back within 2-3 days. People can't panic when they are locked. Meanwhile it harvest season. Possibilities of rice and pulses running out is very less. But I'll worry about stuff like toothpaste, mosquito coils when industries are closed.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock