Discussion Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic

Migratory morons bound via Vivek Express escapes testing by fleeing the Jagiroad Station in Assam.
Source

Source

All are suffering from Chinese virus. After reading this news, i concluded that pretty much no country is prepared enough for this once in a century pandemic. Even developed countries like Italy, UK, US and now Japan suffered heavy. 😥
Seeing this makes me wonder. Why is the Olympics still happening? I syphatize for athletes. This is what they prepare for their entire life and it's getting taken away from them because of a pandemic. The risk is just not worth taking at the moment.

Seeing this makes me wonder. Why is the Olympics still happening? I syphatize for athletes. This is what they prepare for their entire life and it's getting taken away from them because of a pandemic. The risk is just not worth taking at the moment.
Agreed even though Japan has a much much better health infra than the likes of India still it is crumbling under huge case load.Moreover,the traditional hesitancy of Japanese to Vaccines is making the job of Japan govt. more difficult.

A person in comment section of that post said that cancelling Olympics means Japanese government will pay huge penalty. So government isn't willing to cancel it. I guess that may be the reason.

Don't know about government's penalities. But IOC seems to be hell-bent on having the Olympics. This is worser than what they did on 1936. They had to cancel the following 2 events because of the poor judgement over the choice of the venue. Ironically, the next one was supposed to take place in Tokyo as well which couldn't took place.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock