Discussion Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic

No, they bought the negative media attention to themselves.
Source

And I syphatize with the baby. He doesn't deserve to go through what he is going through.

But I hate the parents if you don't have strong financial backing. Why do you give birth? You punish both yourself and your children for the rest of both yours and an innocent child's life.
We pick and choose news that suits our narrative dont we?

If these migrants are having a vacation, living with 100 others in same room and eating sh#tty food then you and me must be living in heaven..eating home cooked food and watching netflix.
We are comfortable bailing out big businesses of thousands of crores but god forbid these people ask for decent food and living conditions, they are draining resources?

Also, what do u suggest we do? without quarantining these people they will infect all of us. Cases have been skyrocketing since the migrant trains started running and without quarantine god knows how many will be infected.

Media always hypes up sh#t for ratings weather it is tablighi or migrants or whatever but even NITI ayog CEO acknowledged the magnitiude of this crisis and failure of centre/states.
Government Could’ve Done ‘Much Better’ In Handling Migrant Crisis: NITI Aayog CEO

These people lost their jobs, have little to no savings and god knows when things get normal.

Regarding the above article, poor people have many kids because they want as many earners as possible to meet their needs, since they make peanuts doing daily labor. It is and economic problem not a moral problem.

All is ask is not to judge them. We dont know their suffering because we live better life.

My reply to the above as it was too long to quote.

I wouldn't say anything about media.

A migrant left the state for better opportunities and lack of unemployment. What happens when you come back to your state? You get jobs a better life.

State governments are overwhelmed. They can't handle people coming in thousands everyday. At one quarantine centre you will get 3 star service in other make shift camps. You won't get good service at make shift places. For 14 days can't you stay at a place without complaining about everything.

IMO government should have barred inter state travel until for next 9-10 months. Also arrange jobs for migrants. How difficult could it be to arrange temperature screening at workplace? In that way workers get paid and economy doesn't need to pause.

Don't defend Tablighi Jamaat. We didn't celebrate Holi this year. Knowing seriousness of a virus outbreak. Back before pandemic was even announced. Also hiding and beating up doctors shows how illiterate they are. Also there was some videos circulating in media. Don't know the authenticity of it. Some Maulana was calling COVID-19 a government conspiracy to not them pray. Playing the victim card everytime needs to stop.

Poor people shouldn't marry or have kids, period. If you can't look after yourself. How would you look after others when you can't look after yourself? Image having a child with tumor or cancer. Would you go whole life begging and pleading for charity? Poor people don't give birth. Don't let little children suffer.

Until when are we gonna have a good life. Do you think us middle class have lakhs and crores in saving? Sooner or later savings will run out. Then what. I suggest stop inter state travel. Revive local economy. Collect enough funds than slowly bring back migrants if it's required in coming months.

Never defended tabligi issue and never will but dont you think certain media got overboard calling it jihadi and what not and trying to flare up communal tensions. Media can blame these criminals all they want without pushing a communal agenda (please dont say there was no agenda, i dont believe you are that innocent or naive). You seem to be perfecly fine with that coverage where as migrant crisis is overrated? WHAT!

If your suggestions are practical and implementable right now, dont you think the govt would have considered it? i mean govt actually have experts unlike armchair experts like you and me.

I dont know what to say about poor people not having kids..our grandparents used to have tons of kids, then they moved up the economic ladder and fertility rate decreased. Our parents and we probably wouldnt have been born if they thought the same way as you.

See, the poor are already out of money unlike the middle class who may LATER runout of money...which is unlikely since economy is opening up. Thats not to downplay the suffering of middle class but the poor have it much worse. and now borderline middle class people will also fall into poverty.

Anyway reply what you have to ...we will end at that since this is going offtopic.

Museums, parks and art galleries in the Seoul metropolitan area will all be shut down once more for two weeks, as of Friday, said health minister Park Neung-hoo. In addition, companies have been urged to re-adopt flexible working practices.

"We have decided to strengthen all quarantine measures in the metropolitan area for two weeks from tomorrow to June 14," he said.

Citizens were also advised to refrain from social gatherings or going to crowded places -- including restaurants and bars .

The health minister said the government will be forced to re-impose an all-out social distancing campaign if the country sees more than 50 new cases for at least seven consecutive days.

Officials announced 79 new cases Thursday -- taking its total to 11,344 -- the largest increase since 81 cases were announced on April 5.
Source

BJP spokesperson Sambit Patra hospitalised after coronavirus symptoms.

Every state seeing a spike of new positive patient after Migrant labour coming .
80% of them are Positive.
But good news is (or bad news ) everyone getting discharged very quickly(w/o proper testing ) (Thanks to ICMR new Guideline).
That's why Recovery Rate is very high in India.
But please Don't impose lockdown 5.0 anymore..

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock