Breaking CNAP (Calling Name Presentation) - Govt working on its own Caller ID service to curb spam calls issues

• Thread starter Thread starter rahul1117kumar
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 30
  • Views Views: Views 7,510
“Our services can coexist with CNAP,” Rishit Jhunjhunwala, chief product officer and managing director of Truecaller India.

We can co-exist with CNAP: Truecaller
True. According to Gadget 360 article Truecaller has 200M users in India and 6 out of every 10 user are using paid subscription.
Truecaller has become necessity for business person, politicians, activists and others. It not just showcase ID of caller but also shows place and name of those who viewed number and tried to reach out. But, yes it will be challenging.

Screenshot-20240801-174821-Call.png

Now caller id has been showing up on my phone. Not using hiya service also.

The Telecom Regulatory Authority of India's plan for compulsory name display on incoming calls faces obstacles. It is unfeasible for 2G/3G networks without expensive upgrades and mainly supports newer smartphones. This means approximately 270-300 million 2G users will miss out on the service, questioning its efficiency in tackling spam and scam calls.

The Telecom Regulatory Authority of India's plan for compulsory name display on incoming calls faces obstacles. It is unfeasible for 2G/3G networks without expensive upgrades and mainly supports newer smartphones. This means approximately 270-300 million 2G users will miss out on the service, questioning its efficiency in tackling spam and scam calls.

The service named as caller id as seen in my mother phone last week with just a profile pic of someone with phone number in a big screen. Fr today, I received caller id to enable via Airtel sim in my mobile phone itself. In my phone, it will showing same name with random phone number not with every phone number's that called me.

It is unfeasible for 2G/3G networks without expensive upgrades and mainly supports newer smartphones. This means approximately 270-300 million 2G users will miss out on the service, questioning its efficiency in tackling spam and scam calls.
Sometimes I feel how dumb people are sitting in TRAI like they were not aware about old smartphone and featured phone won't support such things?
Just should have started it by now on smartphone atleast rest they can figure out with featured phone makers.

Back
Top Bottom