Breaking CNAP (Calling Name Presentation) - Govt working on its own Caller ID service to curb spam calls issues

• Thread starter Thread starter rahul1117kumar
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 30
  • Views Views: Views 7,510
Starting May 1, 2023, you might get relief from unsolicited spam calls and messages. The new rules from TRAI have made it mandatory for telecom operators to introduce AI-backed services to curb spam calls and related frauds.

After getting totally irritated with robo calls i activated silence calls from Unknown callers on my phone.I do miss some calls but it is way better than getting 100's of automated calls everyday.

The Department of Telecommunications (DoT) in India will soon launch a pilot program to test Calling Name Presentation (CNAP), which will display the caller’s name to a receiver, a senior government official said on Friday.

Depending on the results from the pilot, the DoT will decide on the technical specifications for implementing CNAP.

The Department of Telecommunications (DoT) in India will soon launch a pilot program to test Calling Name Presentation (CNAP), which will display the caller’s name to a receiver, a senior government official said on Friday.

Depending on the results from the pilot, the DoT will decide on the technical specifications for implementing CNAP.

Today I got a call from Election Commission of India to vote tomorrow . Their names were appearing along with their numbers.

Today I got a call from Election Commission of India to vote tomorrow . Their names were appearing along with their numbers.

Screenshot-20240525-100240-You-Tube.jpg
Screenshot-20240525-100249-Call.jpg

Back
Top Bottom