BSNL Bharat Fiber FTTH General Discussions

Puns2019

Reaction score
Hello Guys,

Planning to buy new BSNL Bharat Fiber (FTTH) in bangalore.
I would like to opt for Fiber Combo ULD 849 PLAN

I heard from BSNL office that connection is given by vendors. One of the vendor said i need to buy new Fiber Modem since ADSL wont work on fiber cable connection.
he said the cost is 2999rs with Wifi.

Can anyone let me know if i can buy Fiber Modem with Wifi which is suitable for BSNL ftth.

Do inform me which one to buy ?
Also confirm if FTTH is good in terms of speed ?

Any regular cable internet (RJ45 Input) router should work. They will use a fiber to ethernet converter device called Gepon. BSNL has been providing internet through LCOs (local cable operators) these days. They maintain the last mile connection.

I suggest you Dlink Dir 615: D-Link DIR-615 Wireless-N300 Router (I have used this one previously).

It costs 849 and works for fiber broadband services. You can get speed upto 300Mbps according to your plan.

If need better ones, check:

TP-Link TL-WR841N 300Mbps
TP-Link Archer C20 AC750
TP-Link Archer C6 AC1200 (I use this one currently)

Any of the above router would cost below INR 3,000. BSNL people are overpricing these simple ones. Better to get them yourself so you can save some money.

Any regular cable internet (RJ45 Input) router should work. They will use a fiber to ethernet converter device called Gepon. BSNL has been providing internet through LCOs (local cable operators) these days. They maintain the last mile connection.

I suggest you Dlink Dir 615: D-Link DIR-615 Wireless-N300 Router (I have used this one previously).

It costs 849 and works for fiber broadband services. You can get speed upto 300Mbps according to your plan.

If need better ones, check:

TP-Link TL-WR841N 300Mbps
TP-Link Archer C20 AC750
TP-Link Archer C6 AC1200 (I use this one currently)

Any of the above router would cost below INR 3,000. BSNL people are overpricing these simple ones. Better to get them yourself so you can save some money.
Thanks Bapun for the information.
infact the vendor who came to check the feasibility said new Modem will cost 2999rs. I was bit hesitant to buy because i knew we get better quality products at lesser price then he suggested.
anways i will just buy the current one which you are using so that if i can take new connection it should be fine

What is the benefit of Fiber connection when you need to use a fiber to ethernet converter device (Gepon) for just saving few bucks. Why dont you buy a Fiber compatible modem cum router or a broadband connection if you want to save 2999/-

Fiber port is totally different when compared with regular RJ45 and RJ11 ports. And there is no use of fiber if you are converting fiber port to ethernet port.

Below is an example of fiber port (Green and Black)

W2IavEZ.jpg

What is the benefit of Fiber connection when you need to use a fiber to ethernet converter device (Gepon) for just saving few bucks. Why dont you buy a Fiber compatible modem cum router or a broadband connection if you want to save 2999/-
So do you mean to say there is No use of buying FTTH BSNL Fiber connection ?
or do you mean i should new Fiber Modem with Wifi ?

Can you suugest for the same

So do you mean to say there is No use of buying FTTH BSNL Fiber connection ?
or do you mean i should new Fiber Modem with Wifi ?

Can you suugest for the same
See, if you want a fiber connection then buy a fiber modem only dont go with the convertors and all

See, if you want a fiber connection then buy a fiber modem only dont go with the convertors and all
yea i got it. can you suugest me fiber modem with wifi which one to buy.

sorry i m askin too many questions since i don have much idea on this

if you are getting the desired speed and ping does it matter whether it is fiber or rj45?

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock