BSNL 4G - News & Discussions

• Thread starter Bapun
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 182
  • Views: Views 65,078
Bsnl Got the spectrum from the Government by assigning 700 MHz, 1800 MHz and 2100 MHz bands for 4G/ 5G service. We know that BSNL holds 700 Mhz(10 MHz) & 2100 Mhz (10 Mhz)in all circles. but what about 1800 Mhz it's not clear in which circle BSNL hold this spectrum and how much bandwidth is available. On 27 July 2022, the BSNL revival package Government approved an allocation of 900/1800 MHz band spectrum worth ₹44,993 crore to support the 4G services of BSNL. Can anyone confirm that the current Bsnl 4g spectrum holding?

1800MHz is given to MTNL circles of Delhi / Mumbai, instead of 2100MHz. Further Rajasthan doesn't have extra 2100MHz band afaik and BSNL asked 5MHz in Band 5 for instead. Our friend @Esmail can confirm this.
I checked on DoT website under notification and releases but this one is not available there. So I've replied to the tweet source on X and asked him to share the complete document with me on my mail id. Once I have it I'll get the clear picture and will update here as well as in my spectrum chart.

We know that BSNL holds 700 Mhz(10 MHz) & 2100 Mhz (10 Mhz)in all circles. but what about 1800 Mhz it's not clear in which circle BSNL hold this spectrum and how much bandwidth is available.
So turns out that 700 and 2100 MHz spectrum which they didn't put up for auction was just reserved to BSNL but isn't allotted to them Pan India. Instead they gave BSNL 10 MHz in 700 MHz band only in 5 circles and the additional 5 Mhz block in 2100 MHz band also in just 5 circles not Pan India. It's unclear whether DoT will put up that unallocated spectrum for sale in the next auction or whether it will continue to keep it reserved for BSNL use in the future.
As for the 1800 MHz it's just 2 MHz allocated in 3 circles. I'm attaching the details of newly allocated spectrum for your reference.
UsYzSD1.jpg

So turns out that 700 and 2100 MHz spectrum which they didn't put up for auction was just reserved to BSNL but isn't allotted to them Pan India. Instead they gave BSNL 10 MHz in 700 MHz band only in 5 circles and the additional 5 Mhz block in 2100 MHz band also in just 5 circles not Pan India. It's unclear whether DoT will put up that unallocated spectrum for sale in the next auction or whether it will continue to keep it reserved for BSNL use in the future.
As for the 1800 MHz it's just 2 MHz allocated in 3 circles. I'm attaching the details of newly allocated spectrum for your reference.
UsYzSD1.jpg
Good job by government. But it's high time, DoT unveils more bands for telecom usage. 3500Mhz-4800Mhz and 1000Mhz-1800Mhz. We need it badly.

UsYzSD1.jpg
one strange thing is here
1800 is effective from2020, and valid for 2024?
what bsnl and dot is planning to do after 2024? does bsnl get merge with vi or sell 2g,3g,bands to some MVNO reseller and focus only for stable 4g coverage network?

one strange thing is here
1800 is effective from2020, and valid for 2024?
what bsnl and dot is planning to do after 2024? does bsnl get merge with vi or sell 2g,3g,bands to some MVNO reseller and focus only for stable 4g coverage network?
Airtel and Vi spectrum is getting expired that year, so that will be put into auction. Most probably Vi will be merged with BSNL going ahead. Thats why BSNL got 10Mhz of 700Mhz.

2G and 3G is finished now. We will have blanket 5G by 2024 end atleast.

BSNL is also working to extend its 4G services in rural areas where no other telecom operator currently offers coverage.

BSNL to launch 4G services in Uttar Pradesh East circle
BSNL 2G can't beat Jio 4G in tribal areas (Maredumilli forest area in AP, where Pushpa movie shooting was done). My self personally check all 3 sims BSNL, Jio and Airtel at Maredumilli forest area. No one beat Jio 4G in interior areas.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock