Good News Brazil Football Team Are The Champions Of Copa America 2019

Unfortunately, no broadcasters available. And I am not willing to wake up at 6 am to live stream it. Idk why broadcasters thinks under 17 and 19 World Cup would be more watched than Copa America Cup.

Basically it was money.What Sony was offering was not acceptable to organizers and in case of Star no interest shown due to ICC Cricket world cup.African cup of nations is also happening at the same time with no live broadcast.

Basically it was money.What Sony was offering was not acceptable to organizers and in case of Star no interest shown due to ICC Cricket world cup.African cup of nations is also happening at the same time with no live broadcast.
Good. Now I will be start dropping all the channels of Sony. Others should start doing that too. They should be taught a lesson.

in my opinion vh1 and mtv should go for rights for copa for semifinal and final like they did for copa del ray matches this will give tight slap on face of arrogant broadcaster like sony and star who does not know the pulse of football fan

Colombia will win copa america 2019

6ncccMP.jpg

so sad colombia is out, bad luck :(

in my opinion vh1 and mtv should go for rights for copa for semifinal and final like they did for copa del ray matches this will give tight slap on face of arrogant broadcaster like sony and star who does not know the pulse of football fan

Sony is no way arrogant, infact it is best broadcaster specially in sports genre. They r giving due importance to each sport, what u r asking is alright but audience for such things is minute and they do not want to pay justified amount for watching the same. Due to tiny audience base, advertisers do not show required interest. So where will revenue come from?

Regarding Viacom18 coming forward to buy rights, well their previous attempts have not given desired results hence why should they invest more? All one can hope is that Discovery will soon join Viacom - CBS venture and thereafter look at buying rights of key events thru combined effort.

Infact my problem with Star India is not mainly telecast of cricket across channels but the fact that they buy broadcast rights for other major sport events and do not air it properly. They do so in my opinion to block competition. We cannot criticise Star India for giving cricket importance as people watch it and BCCI or other rights r sold at astronomical price. Either this has to go down or football lovers should be willing to pay higher subscription and if both does not happen then story will continue as it is....

Sony is no way arrogant, infact it is best broadcaster specially in sports genre. They r giving due importance to each sport, what u r asking is alright but audience for such things is minute and they do not want to pay justified amount for watching the same. Due to tiny audience base, advertisers do not show required interest. So where will revenue come from?

Regarding Viacom18 coming forward to buy rights, well their previous attempts have not given desired results hence why should they invest more? All one can hope is that Discovery will soon join Viacom - CBS venture and thereafter look at buying rights of key events thru combined effort.

Infact my problem with Star India is not mainly telecast of cricket across channels but the fact that they buy broadcast rights for other major sport events and do not air it properly. They do so in my opinion to block competition. We cannot criticise Star India for giving cricket importance as people watch it and BCCI or other rights r sold at astronomical price. Either this has to go down or football lovers should be willing to pay higher subscription and if both does not happen then story will continue as it is....
Sony use to by rights of NFL and MLB. They have stopped buying it. They use to buy boxing rights. They didn't buy McGregor vs Mayweather. Sony is slowly becoming Star.

Sony use to by rights of NFL and MLB. They have stopped buying it. They use to buy boxing rights. They didn't buy McGregor vs Mayweather. Sony is slowly becoming Star.

MLB is with DSport, Professional Boxing with Star. Also Sony ESPN and TEN 1 airs many niche events. Such rights keep changing hands.

There might be good news for us soon, Disney will surely take decisions in Star India sports business so not only ESPN will air non cricket content but focus across Select brand will undergo change. I think they will start giving more weightage to other things despite returns being minimal. Disney will try to absorb loss with other profitable streams alongwith sustained efforts to get more support / viewers for niche properties

bro i agree with all your point but one thing i like to add those love football they see football at any price if not then star sports select subscriber go very low because star select show epl and epl have good fan base in india so they don't have worry about ad revenue but i don't criticise sony for that but if you see last year sony bought la liga rights for selective matches almost all matches one week big team much thats how they treat la liga football fan's those who love football cannot satisfied with one match a week if they care they go for all out buy la liga rights and what about frech league i know some people call it farmers leauge because one one team champion almost every year but still france are football world cup champions they should also go for that because they have french football 2 year ago but let rights go last year
i think main reason is not buying copa rights because almost all matches play either late night kick off or early morning so less they thought they get less viewer but a football lover if he loves his team or country time is not matter and that is my problem with sony

bro i agree with all your point but one thing i like to add those love football they see football at any price if not then star sports select subscriber go very low because star select show epl and epl have good fan base in india so they don't have worry about ad revenue but i don't criticise sony for that but if you see last year sony bought la liga rights for selective matches almost all matches one week big team much thats how they treat la liga football fan's those who love football cannot satisfied with one match a week if they care they go for all out buy la liga rights and what about frech league i know some people call it farmers leauge because one one team champion almost every year but still france are football world cup champions they should also go for that because they have french football 2 year ago but let rights go last year
i think main reason is not buying copa rights because almost all matches play either late night kick off or early morning so less they thought they get less viewer but a football lover if he loves his team or country time is not matter and that is my problem with sony

Bhai , Sony was unable to renew La Liga rights last year, infact Facebook had highest bid and entered into a shared agreement with Sony for select matches to be televised. Sony had no option but to take what is on offer, this is why u never got to see many big matches on TV.

Also French Ligue 1 is hardly having a viewer base here hence it is loss making for broadcaster unless rights r at reasonable cost which gives the leg room to somehow get it.

Copa America would have been taken by Sony but i think with ESPN parting ways share of investment burden has increased on Sony. They won't make decisions harming them, already even their English Entertainment /Movie r performing badly hence premium revenue has also dried up. Even Kids and Music Channel falling off charts

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock