Good News Bought poco X3

Sparker0i

Contributor
Reaction score
So I bought a poco X3 for mum during the BBD sale.

Performance and all is good, camera is not. Shocked, given the price of ₹18.5k (₹13249 after exchanging mom's old Mi A2)

Ads situation isn't great. Right after I did the Google setup, the Miui setup started, where the second screen was GetApps which was incentivising me to download apps in exchange for coins in their app.

Also got ads right after installing any new app from the play store. This video shows what I experienced:
Source
. I feared that this would happen, surprising that @Siva bro didn't face with his M2.

Voice calls happen much better on this compared to A2, thanks to VoWiFi on Jio.

Images incoming...

Congratulations bro! I remember seeing the "GetApps" screen. However, no ads when installing any Play Store apps in M2 till now. I will continue to monitor!

I bought one on 1st day of sale. Good phone but bulky. After getting used to 120hz display, all other phones feel laggy af.

It's been 2 months since my mom is using it. A mixed bag to be honest..

Pros:
  • Great Battery. My mom doesn't really use the phone as a heavy user. Just WhatsApp, Google app and 1 hour of Youtube every day. Easily lasts 3 days
  • Good call quality. This is especially thanks to the VoWiFi feature present on this phone for Jio sim. Her previous Mi A2 sucked at this, everybody she called used to complain about the calls. Now the same people say it feels as if she's very next to them and speaking
Cons:
  • Jarring screen: Even though there's a 120Hz display on this phone, it doesn't really help. Certain content do feel smooth, but many a times, there are dropped frames while scrolling through lists or chats (In technical android terms, that list is called a RecyclerView). Even after 2 updates, this isn't fixed. Service center says no problems with the phone.
  • Continuing on the topic of RecyclerView, when you scroll to the top most or the bottom most of the RecyclerView, the phone produces a light vibration. No matter whichever app this is: WhatsApp, Facebook, Google Messages, Phone etc. Whichever app uses the RecyclerView, this behaviour is present on all those apps. Such custom modification is why Xiaomi phones take time to update. If the rumours are correct, Android 12 will have SystemUI as a Mainline updatable. That means such unnecessary modifications can no longer be done, and phones can very easily be updated.
  • Heavy phone. This was largely expected due to that huge 6000 mah battery. But she feels she was better off with a lighter phone
  • Fingerprint. Half the time doesn't register properly. Xiaomi was better off with a rear fingerprint sensor
  • Camera: Mediocre. I'd say on par with Mi A2. 64MP sensor does no good thing. As I posted above, my 48MP OnePlus 7T and my neighbour's 48MP OnePlus Nord do so much better than
  • Ads. They are plenty, though not as much as Redmi Note 7 Pro. I did user-uninstall apps having ad components using adb so she doesn't see much ads anymore, and this is a big problem. I knew how to do it that's why I did, but imagine the endless number of Poco phone users who don't know such technicals, they are doomed for sure.
In short, this phone is for those who want a budget phone with a great battery but are okay to survive with a mediocre Camera and too many ads.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock