• Replies: Replies 5
  • Views: Views 2,246

Siva

Staff member
Community Manager
Solutions
Reaction score
Hi All,

I have been experiencing Wi-Fi coverage issues at my home lately due to the positioning of the TP-Link Archer A6 router. It's placed in the living room under the TV unit, which limits the coverage. 5 GHz band was almost non-existent in the bedrooms, and 2.4 GHz band was also very weak. I searched for a good Wi-Fi extender and found that the TP-Link RE200 is a decent option. I went ahead and ordered it yesterday. It's delivered today and I have set it up. Let's check out how well it performs.

Price:

I bought it for 1599 INR with 10 percent SBI card discount. Effective price was 1439 INR.

Setup:

As I already own a TP-Link router, I just had to plug the extender near the main router, add the extender in the Tether app and provide the existing Wi-Fi details. It was very easy to setup.

Coverage:

Once the initial setup was complete, I placed the extender in an in-between point of the main router and the bedrooms. My coverage issue was resolved instantly, and I now get full 5 GHz signal in all the rooms. And the connectivity switches seamlessly between the main router and extender.

Speed:

The extender gives almost 80 percent of the main router's speed on the 5 GHz band. Given that the coverage issue is completely gone, I'm very happy with this speed.

Few Pictures:

fiHMeUS.jpg

LjVMDVc.jpg

Main Router Speed Test:

bANzsnE.jpg

Extender Speed Test:

OS8WDy9.jpg

Final Thoughts:

I'm very happy with this item as of now and with these initial impressions, I can recommend it to anyone looking to solve the Wi-Fi coverage problem, especially on the 5 GHz band. I need to wait and see how it performs in the long run.

I would be happy to answer any questions related to this product. Cheers!!

@Siva A few questions
  • Did you set up the extender in OneMesh mode?
  • What's the distance between the main router and extender?
  • Are there any brick walls in between the router and extender? How do the walls affect performance?
  • Would you/is it recommended to use multiple extenders with single router to cover a large area?
Thanks for the review!

Did you set up the extender in OneMesh mode?
Yes
What's the distance between the main router and extender?
About 20 feet
Are there any brick walls in between the router and extender? How do the walls affect performance?
No. I'm not sure, as we don't have walls that way. There might be some impact, if there are too many walls in between.
Would you/is it recommended to use multiple extenders with single router to cover a large area?
Yes, they are very easy to set up and serves the purpose really well

Suddenly re200 stopped working with reljio router.did everything ,again reset and did it nothing working

Idk but this is one of my best purchase in recent times..I just bought it to extend my existing 2.4 ghz wifi and to my surprise I'm getting almost 100 Mbps speed on the 5Ghz band of this extender..I don't know the terminology behind this but this is just great!

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock