Good News Bought a 2TB SATA SSD

U999X0D

Contributor
Reaction score
I have a Lenovo Legion Y740 - with a 256GB NVME SSD and a 1TB 7200rpm HDD. Since it being a gaming laptop, I have lots of games on that HDD.

Sadly all that 1TB is now almost filled up, with only around 15GB left for me to use.
This is after I've uninstalled all Adobe apps that I need for video editing and posting to my FB page.

So, I definitely needed a storage upgrade - 2TB at least.
I also needed a performance improvement in games that I play.

So decided to settle on a SATA SSD of 2TB.
There were not too many alternatives available on Amazon - only 5 good ones were there - Samsung (EVO, QVO), Crucial, Micron and WD Blue.
Off all that, Samsung and Micron were expensive AF as my budget was only 20k.

The only other options I had was Micron and WD Blue.
Micron didn't really have good ratings, so decided to settle for a WD Blue 2TB SATA SSD.
It actually costs Rs. 19667, but I had Rs. 3430 in my Amazon Pay balance - so the cost came down to Rs. 16.2k.
Moreover I used the Amazon Pay ICICI credit card, so I will get 5% of this amount back into my Amazon Pay balance as well.
Really good savings for me.

Ordered it on Amazon earlier in the day.
Will get it by Wednesday.

Western Digital WD Blue 2 TB 2.5 inch SATA III Internal Solid State Drive (WDS200T2B0A)

E09fobI.png

Great. I guess that should serve your needs for some more time, as it doubles the storage. Congratulations!

So it's been a few days since I got this. Performance is very close to what it was advertised, with reads at 530MBps and writes at 480MBps.

Game loading performance has improved, at least for the single player ones. Haven't tested anything else yet other than games.

I've also installed Ubuntu on this SSD and it boots faster than what we had with the HDD

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock