Discussion BEWARE: Facebook tapping our chats through microphone

Ashok L

Reaction score
Guys when I came across this topic in Quora I neglected this point. But what happened to me yesterday was shocking. Yesterday morning me and my colleagues in our office discussed about future scopes in career. Since we studied Mechanical Engineering and working as design engineers, we were talking that Data science, Machine Learning having great scope in future like that. At home in evening I opened fb and started to watch newsfeed, I saw five back to back sponsored ads for Data science trainings within 15 - 20 posts in my newsfeed. FYI I haven't searched anything like that in Google or anything, then how that ad came to me in fb. Later when I checked in apps permission it listed my mic too, why does that fb app needs my mic. So friends kindly check and deactivate mic permission in fb and also think before giving permission for apps.

Maybe some of you may say it's by fluke, but few months ago I was keenly discussing with my friends for my MBA distance mode. that time many sponsored ads came for MBA in fb. Later when I joined in college, MBA related ads were stopped in fb.

So friends please be beware, they are having third party translators to translate our discussions.

It's normal AI recognise some hot words and recommends you. No individual is actually listening to your conversation.

yeah this happened to me also . not only facebook itself. this can happen via whatsapp too. my friend and i talked about some shops on whatsapp and few minutes later , same appered on my facebook newsfeed

It's normal AI recognise some hot words and recommends you. No individual is actually listening to your conversation.
Bro it's a really a serious issue, how can it tap our conversations when the phone is locked and I haven't kept fb in background. Its really a suspicious and I don't find any AI that can understand tamil.

Bro it's a really a serious issue, how can it tap our conversations when the phone is locked and I haven't kept fb in background. Its really a suspicious and I don't find any AI that can understand tamil.
After you posted this. I was searching the video but I couldn't find. How a journalist was constantly speaking random things to his phone for AI to recognise. Similar to your situation phone was locked as well. But somehow it picked up.

I already knew that bro.. my brother and me talking something then saddenly Google showing news about that and ad also

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock