Betaal | Netflix | 24 May

There are only 4 Episodes

EwnjOwl.png

IMO Betaal is another disappointment from Netflix.

Yeah agree! There should have been some background character arcs for the characters. One scene imo overused through out the episodes, when the realtime came for in the key moment it fell off flat on its face! The village in episode 1 looks really artificial imo, atleast they haven't dragged this for 7-8 episodes.

One time watch, if you don't find anyother to keep you occupied you can give it a chance imo.

IMO Betaal is another disappointment from Netflix.
True.. it was average at best.
It didn't even need 4 Episodes. They could have just made it a 2½ hour movie instead.
Also, that girl was so annoying. I was about to lose it.
And it's like they desperately try to make a cliffhanger ending. Was that really required?

True.. it was average at best.
It didn't even need 4 Episodes. They could have just made it a 2½ hour movie instead.
Also, that girl was so annoying. I was about to lose it.
And it's like they desperately try to make a cliffhanger ending. Was that really required?
So i was not alone in getting absolutely incensed at that Saanvi kid.

They had good actors but as long as the research on the topic is limited to Corruption in the govt. ,Hindu-Muslim and some other stale ideas,the story will appear weak and boring.And to be honest this Naxal-Government sh#t has been overplayed in movies and serials.

I binged it last night....I am disappointed but not to the extent which I imagined looking at the trailer.
In the first episode itself the village/tribal part looked superficial but still the episode ended on a good note, but with 2nd episode it wen't on to deteriorate and never bounced back.

I expected Colonel Lynedoch to be a bit more scary but rather he seemed funny, and rest of the zombie brigade didn't know whether they had to act like Zombies or Vampires, they needed to adapt from Dead Snow(Norwegian horror movie, watch it if you haven't) on how to be a ruthless army of dead.

Camera work and Sound effects seemed good but rest of everything were just poor to mediocre...and we have another trash from Netflix India but still I'll applaud them in investing in horror and even Dolby Vision for all new Indian Originals, Prime Video has all serious/commercial stuff this year and no horror, Netflix is still trying to get horror right which is appreciable and no comments on Hotstar, they are more invested in dance shows.

In India as no one is that invested in horror genre atleast in theatres because of India's poor performance in this genre and low expectations but OTT's are the perfect platform for this, enough of this Hindu Muslim, Indian Pakistan terrorism web series, we are hungry for horror and need someone to get this right.

BTW I loved that cliffhanger scene, although with the ratings it has got I don't think Netflix is renewing it for another season :p

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock