BCCI writes to DDCA for inclusion of Sarandeep Singh in selection panel

rahul1117kumar

Contributor
Reaction score
BCCI vice-president CK Khanna has written a letter to DDCA vice-president Chetan Chauhan to include newly appointed national selector Sarandeep Singh in the state selection panel, but Justice Mukul Mudgal made it clear that there was no question of any change.

The 35-year-old Sarandeep, who played 3 Tests for India in 2001-02, appeared for an interview for the senior selector’s post of DDCA but his candidature was rejected by the panel that included Vivek Razdan, Chetan Chauhan, Siddharth Verma and Salil Seth.

However Khanna, who is also a senior VP of DDCA has now written a letter, a copy of which was also sent to High Court appointed observer Justice (Retd) Mukul Mudgal. Mudgal said that a change in the selection is not possible now.

“I know a letter has been written to Chetan Chauhan in this regard. Look, I had formed a panel and they had done their job. I don’t think there is any question of any change in selection panel. Right now I am waiting for the High Court verdict,” Justice Mudgal told PTI.

Khanna’s logic is that former cricketers like Madan Lal, Kirti Azad were all part of DDCA selection panel when they were part of the senior national selection committee. The DDCA’s senior selection panel comprises Nikhil Chopra, Atul Wassan and Robin Singh Junior.

BCCI writes to DDCA for inclusion of Sarandeep Singh in selection panel | The Indian Express

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock