• Star

Votes: 73 36.5%
  • Jio

Votes: 46 23.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
What was the previous amount paid by star for the rights? And how many years they hot the rights for?

This is business.
Ambani or anyone will see how much profit they can make.
Jio is not social service.he is trying for a market monopoly.
That will be immensely dangerous for any field telecomor broadcasting
Yup I know this is business but still believe me they can bring up a big change. In any case they need to share the feed with DD for free. And also Star has already implemented a similar concept with Star Bharat and now the TRP is high in both Rural(where it is provided as FTA) and Urban(Pay channel with HD version).

As far as monopoly, in India it can never happen. We have various sets of people and Airtel, Idea and others are not going to pack their bags soon as long as there are customers like me who stay with their satisfied network no matter what. Only recently I got a Jio connection when I got to know that they are very keen in buying digital rights for popular tournaments and they are already the official broadcasters of Olympics. But still my primary connection will always be Airtel for life :)

Thats quite less compared to IPL. So IPL is better for revenues?! I didnt know. Thank you for the info
No. At that point of time it was more expensive than IPL matches basis fee per match. Lets see what happen this time.

Yup I know this is business but still believe me they can bring up a big change. In any case they need to share the feed with DD for free. And also Star has already implemented a similar concept with Star Bharat and now the TRP is high in both Rural(where it is provided as FTA) and Urban(Pay channel with HD version).

As far as monopoly, in India it can never happen. We have various sets of people and Airtel, Idea and others are not going to pack their bags soon as long as there are customers like me who stay with their satisfied network no matter what. Only recently I got a Jio connection when I got to know that they are very keen in buying digital rights for popular tournaments and they are already the official broadcasters of Olympics. But still my primary connection will always be Airtel for life :)
Telecom sector is in huge lossess. (Not because of jio).but due to greedy networks. Jio just made their life difficult.
Some day telecome sector NPAs / loans will have a huge impact on the country. Thats what i am worried about.Jio is absolutelyspot on , in their business.

Telecom sector is in huge lossess. (Not because of jio).but due to greedy networks. Jio just made their life difficult.
Some day telecome sector NPAs / loans will have a huge impact on the country. Thats what i am worried about.Jio is absolutelyspot on , in their business.
Off topic: Just hope for the best bro! As long as there are the TATA's, BIRLAS's, AMBANI's and the laws getting a lot stricter with any money white or black, the people will benifit at some point. I think already we have seen the best of times with Internet connectivity in the recent times. So it may not be far away. India 2020: A Vision for the New Millennium by Abdul Kalam is not far away!!! Even unexpected changes happening. So no wrong in hoping for the best. I'm so sorry forcthe off topic. Lets just stop it here without any further discussion on this in this thread. Thanks :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom