Ban on bulk SMS, MMS revoked with immediate effect

• Thread starter Thread starter iS THAT ME
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 11
  • Views Views: Views 3,283

iS THAT ME

Reaction score
Ban on bulk SMS, MMS revoked with immediate effect

The government on Thursday revoked ban on bulk SMS with immediate effect. The ban on bulk sms was to expire on Friday.
Ban on bulk SMSes and MMSes withdrawn with immediate effect, home ministry said in a statement. The ban was imposed on August 17, after reports emerged that threatening SMS-es were being sent to students from the North-East in cities like Bangalore and Hyderabad. It was aimed at checking the spread of rumours, which had fuelled panic.

The ban came into force after Prime Minister Manmohan Singh said that spread of rumours by miscreants had led to people belonging to the north east to flee from Bangalore, Pune and some other parts of the country.

Noting that the guilty should be brought to book, the Prime Minister said that at stake was not just unity and integrity of the country, but also communal harmony.

"Any miscreant fanning rumours should be brought to book," he said.

Source:
http://www.hindustantimes.com/India-news/NewDelhi/Ban-on-bulk-SMS-MMS-revoked-with-immediate-effect/Article1-921770.aspx

ENjoy guys :)

Greatachiever said:
iS THAT ME said:
Thanks bro...Campus Placements in a Month, thats why hell a lot of busy :)

so r you a placement officer of a college??:)
LoL, wish I was, but still a student trying to get a job ;)
PPT's, JBC's, Projects, Seminars, Exams...to top it up, NASSCOM Tech Exam.
Its probably the only 3 months in my 4 yrs of Engineering that I am working this hard...

iS THAT ME said:
Greatachiever said:
iS THAT ME said:
Thanks bro...Campus Placements in a Month, thats why hell a lot of busy :)

so r you a placement officer of a college??:)
LoL, wish I was, but still a student trying to get a job ;)
PPT's, JBC's, Projects, Seminars, Exams...to top it up, NASSCOM Tech Exam.
Its probably the only 3 months in my 4 yrs of Engineering that I am working this hard...

so you are in 4th year of engineering. r you staying in campus hostel??

iS THAT ME said:
Naa, Home...

it is good that u r in home. as campus hostels are now a days full of horrible ragging though ragging is banned in india but still it happens in colleges in campus hostels from 9pm to 2am midnight.

Greatachiever said:
it is good that u r in home. as campus hostels are now a days full of horrible ragging though ragging is banned in india but still it happens in colleges in campus hostels from 9pm to 2am midnight.
My college, being the oldest private engineering college in eastern India, students do find unique ways to rag. We have had a lot, we did a lot.
BTW, 4th yrs ka koi ragging nahi hota, hum log karte hain :D

Back
Top Bottom