Bad news: Indore Patna Express derails in Kanpur

• Thread starter Ritesh
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 25
  • Views: Views 3,123

Ritesh

Reaction score
c0475d53e6ccfcca7b01d7aebf7030b7.jpg

At least 65 people were killed and over 150 others injured today when 14 coaches of the Indore-Patna express train derailed near Kanpur.
The incident took place at around 3am near Pukhrayan, about 100 kms from Kanpur.

"Death toll has risen to 63," IG Kanpur, Zaki Ahmed told new agency ANI. According to railways officials, the casualties could rise as the rescue operations are under way.
1d1c13b3fe4b57e34078c0d61e196e1a.jpg

"Over 150 injured people have been rushed to nearby hospitals in the area. All hospitals have been asked to be on alert. More than 30 ambulances are pressed into service," the IG said, adding that over 250 police officials are helping carrying out rescue and relief operations.
Railways ministry spokesperson Anil Saxena said several people have been rushed to nearby hospitals with injuries, and the casualties may go up.
Northern Central Railways spokesperson Vijay Kumar said that doctors and senior railway officials have reached the spot. Rescue and relief operations were being carried out by district administration and railway officials.
60c13e175c38a461bced3eb94980e5a8.jpg

Though the cause of the derailment was not known immediately, sources said the nature and timing shows that the accident was caused by a rail fracture. However, the exact reason would be known only after an inquiry.
Buses are pressed into service to help passengers complete their journey, Kumar said, adding that the S2 coach was severely damaged. Four AC coaches have also been derailed.
Railways has also released helpline numbers - Indore- 07411072, Ujjain- 07342560906, Ratlam- 074121072, Orai- 051621072, Jhansi- 05101072, Pokhraya- 05113270239

Source: https://www.google.co.in/amp/m.time...erails-in-Kanpur/amp_articleshow/55520948.cms

Indore-Patna express derailment: Survivors reel from horror.

HIGHLIGHTS
The injured passengers are still coming to terms with this shocking incident

UP CM Akhilesh Yadav has announced ex-gratia of Rs 5 lakh to the deceased families

Union Railway Minister Suresh Prabhu tweeted that an enquiry has been ordered into the accident

The injured passengers, who survived the horrific derailing of the Indore-Patna express near Kanpur railway station which claimed the lives of 96 people + , cannot believe their fate as they are still coming to terms with the shocking happening of Sunday morning.
Several passengers were seen sitting shell-shocked next to the wreckage of the mangled train, including some who were rocking back and forth praying with tears streaming from their eyes, as they came to terms with their survival

The train derailed at 3am + and I was in coach no. 5 at the time. Around four to five people who were travelling with me, have been missing since. We were petrified when the incident happened but I was saved thanks to the grace of Mahakal," recounts a passenger.
"During our journey we felt a sudden jerk and fell from our seats. I am still unable to fathom the gravity of situation. Such was the impact it had on me personally. Five of my fellow passengers are still missing and I am worried about them," another anxious passenger said. However, for some, the deity has not been kind to them.

Read more

Indore-Patna express derailment: Survivors reel from horror, recount miraculous escape - Google Search

RE: Indore Patna Express derails in Kanpur

Update: Death toll risen to 100.

Don't know when will such accidents will stop. Whoever responsible for this must be punished severely.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock