Australia Tour of India 2023 | News & Updates

It
6 Players From WC Squad - Australia 🇦🇺
4 Players From WC Squad - India 🇮🇳
(
SKY, Ishan & Prasidh, Shreyas)

With the current form Australia is in,
it looks like India may lose this series too.
It's good that we will loose. Selectors will be come out of sleep. Also, Rohit might end up in retirement after playing England and talking to selectors. I thought he will retire after WTC Final, but that didn't happen.

Abhishek Sharma, Riyan Parag has performed in SMAT but didn't get picked. So that's not the criteria for sure. It's just Mumbai lobby made Surya get selected ahead of Samson and Kishan. I understand Kishan as he can be back up for Rahul(as he was coming back from injury and Gill as a opener), but again with Gaikwad and Samson, it would have been much better option. Sadly selectors don't want to think out of the box. Let's see who plays for Australia in four years of time. But I am sure Smith and Starc time is over in international cricket.
Also Anmolpreet Singh played well.

6 Players From WC Squad - Australia 🇦🇺
4 Players From WC Squad - India 🇮🇳
(
SKY, Ishan & Prasidh, Shreyas)

With the current form Australia is in,
it looks like India may lose this series too.
I hope Smith never gets picked up for XI slot(I hope he focusses on test cricket rather than white ball cricket, I want him to play test cricket at peak level in these last four years). We need extended support for Matthew Short and Travis Head. These are their go to players in white ball formats at top of the order. Also, once Marsh comes back Smith won't get chance.

It
It's good that we will loose. Selectors will be come out of sleep. Also, Rohit might end up in retirement after playing England and talking to selectors. I thought he will retire after WTC Final, but that didn't happen.

It will also be important to see that Which players will the selectors select for South Africa's T20 and ODI matches...
🤔🤔🤔

It will also be important to see that Which players will the selectors select for South Africa's T20 and ODI matches...
🤔🤔🤔
One or two changes will happen for sure. Looks like we will have format based players. Only Rahul, Gill, Iyer will play test and ODI cricket.
Pant Jaiswal will be exclusive to test format Bumrah Shami Siraj Ashwin Jadeja as well.

Kishan will be our keeper for 2027 WC. Samson will play as a back up.
Kishan will be our keeper for T20i. Jitesh Sharma and Dhruv Jurel will be our back up keepers.

For ODI WC,

Gaikwad
Gill
Iyer
Tilak
Sunder
Kishan/Dhruv/Jitesh
Axar
Bumrah
Siraj
Prasidh
Arshadeep

But don't play Siraj and Bumrah together for any series till 2026. Manage their workloads. Drop them for West Indies and Bangladesh series. Make them play together only against top four. England, South Africa, Australia, New Zealand.

Mukesh Kumar, Avesh Khan, Tushar Deshpande, Umran Malik back up whenever Bumrah Siraj not playing together.

Two Karnataka fast bowlers back up for test cricket.

We need Nehra/Zak/Ishant sharma at NCA all time. Once Shami retires, Shami as well.

Last edited:
Abhishek Sharma, Riyan Parag has performed in SMAT but didn't get picked. So that's not the criteria for sure. It's just Mumbai lobby made Surya get selected ahead of Samson and Kishan. I understand Kishan as he can be back up for Rahul(as he was coming back from injury and Gill as a opener), but again with Gaikwad and Samson, it would have been much better option. Sadly selectors don't want to think out of the box. Let's see who plays for Australia in four years of time. But I am sure Smith and Starc time is over in international cricket.
You have got it wrong big time.

SMAT is played only for IPL franchise to select players ahead of Auctions.
It has nothing to do with National team selection.

Riyan Parag changed my perception about him. He is playing at it's peak. With third T20 being at Guwahati. We would've love to see him at his homeground. It's a shame he isn't in the squad.

Back
Top Bottom