Asus Launches Ultra-Portables At Computex

ssparikshya

Reaction score
[attachment=164][attachment=164]Computex trade show has started in Taipei and amongst the first major manufacturers to unveil consumer laptops, Asus has showed off an ultrathin 11-inch laptop, named UX, which is just 17 mm thick or should we say thin, at the thickest point. Clearly, this is going to give some competition to the Apple's MacBook Air.

The UX is comes in an aluminium alloy shell a unique 'spun' finish on polished surfaces. Displaying sharp edges, an over-sized keyboard and a touchpad that feels like a smartphone, this ultra-portable laptop is not just all about style. It is solidly built and boasts of reinforced hinges for added longevity. Powerful Intel Core i5 or i7 processor (depending on the model) is present under the hood along with a SATA 6Gb/s SSD for speed and low power consumption, hence longer battery life. It also supports Instant On feature, which resumes the notebook in seconds.

Asus also showed off an updated version of the Eee PC netbook, called the Eee PC X101. This updated version sports a 10.1-inch display, Intel Atom N435 processor and runs Intel's MeeGo supporting a wide range of social networking services and with pre-loaded productivity tools. With a thickness of just 17.6 mm and weighing less than 950 g, the X101 can be easily slipped into a bag to be carried anywhere. Connectivity is taken care of by 802.11 b/g/n Wi-Fi. Asus also had on hand an updated version of the Eee PC Netbook. Another version of this Eee PC -X101H features a hybrid hard drive with a choice of Windows 7 or MeeGo.

There are rumours that the X101 may be priced at just US$200, while the UX may be priced a little less than the MacBook Air. Availability is still not mentioned, so we will have to wait for an official statement from Asus for that

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock