Discussion Are you willing to move to other network due to IUC charges on Jio?

• Thread starter iDJ
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 60
  • Views: Views 7,043

Will you switch to other network due to IUC?

• Total voters
Now it depends on quality of services. Since Jio started charging voice calls only people who have good network in their desired place will keep Jio.

I am not using jio internet so much use only call like second no. So if they start taking charge for call I need to move on other network like Vodafone

I will move to another network . Because , Jio knows that there is IUC charges even before their launch. But they told , all calls are free. Even during their launch the IUC was 14p/min. But now it is reduced to 6p/min. So they already know that they have to pay the IUC. But now suddenly they are making problem out of it. Dear friends remember one thing, In every industries competition is present. And it only decides the quality of service. If jio wins this problem then they will rule the telecom industry as a one man army. Which is not good for us. So decide well.

I will move to another network . Because , Jio knows that there is IUC charges even before their launch. But they told , all calls are free. Even during their launch the IUC was 14p/min. But now it is reduced to 6p/min. So they already know that they have to pay the IUC. But now suddenly they are making problem out of it. Dear friends remember one thing, In every industries competition is present. And it only decides the quality of service. If jio wins this problem then they will rule the telecom industry as a one man army. Which is not good for us. So decide well.
before JIO there was no one man army..There were so many operators in market .. competition was Also high. still we as users have never got any benefit or cheap services from any old players...All were Just busy in making Money frm their customers ..they never cared abt their customers. So If tomorrow Cartel of Avoid Wins against JIO Then also it won't be any good for Customers.. Airtel/Voda are blaming JIO fir IUC but They forget that They also still charging 1.5 rs per min to their 400 million 2G subscribers ..If IUC is 0.6 paisa now then why they stil keep on charging 1.5 rs per minute to their 2G customers ..here on one side AVOID want to earn IUC frm Other operator but still they don't wnt to reduce or end their vry high 2G charges which they have been earning frm more then 15 years..

Last edited:
Honestly now a days Airtel voice clarity is improved a much. Both Jio and Airtel tower is about 400 meters away from my home.
Jio clarity was way better previously but the rush of subscribers continues and so as the deterioration of clarity. Once the Airtel closed the 3g in my area the clarity is unmatched now. But you have to select LTE only because at times it shifts to 2g which make clarity substantially poor. That's the reason Airtel lags in voice clarity for the reason of mobile tower migrates from 4g to 2g and vice-versa.

But only in LTE Airtel is way too good from jio.

Finally about this topic I'll upbeatly moving out form Jio once my validity ends. And the decision is not solely on iuc charges but also pathetic speed and discarding main balance recharge and soon they will be terminating all the 50 rupees discount voucher.

Well it's a myth that Airtel is expensive.
I gonna let you know Airtel also provides discount voucher. Also if you recharge with certain plan you will get 400/mb data extra for recharging for Airtel app and even you can pay from Amazon pay balance and get cashback not like Jio.

For your reference im currently in 1.9GB/day plan with 82 days validity with 5gb add on data pack with only 398 rupee,read it again only Rs 398.
To calrify it 448 plan provides per day 1.5 GB data for 82 days. If you recharge in Airtel app you will get 50 rupees discount voucher (not for all) makes the effective price 398 rupee . After that you will be getting 1.5gb data+ 400 mb per data for recharging through Airtel app. If you do recharge 1 day prior to your disconnection of your current package you will also be getting 5g complementary data pack valid for 82 days. Now all get excited! Happy clinching!!
For your reference im currently in 1.9GB/day plan with 82 days validity with 5gb add on data pack with only 398 rupee,read it again only Rs 398.
To calrify it 448 plan provides per day 1.5 GB data for 82 days. If you recharge in Airtel app you will get 50 rupees discount voucher (not for all) makes the effective price 398 rupee . After that you will be getting 1.5gb data+ 400 mb per data for recharging through Airtel app. If you do recharge 1 day prior to your disconnection of your current package you will also be getting 5g complementary data pack valid for 82 days. Now all get excited! Happy clinching!!

Same applies to Vodafone app too last time i too recharged from the app and i got vouchers worth 50 and extra 400mb/day data so i am too getting 1.9gb per day.

As of now I've queued up plans up to March 2020 by recharging on 9th October as soon as I got the notification of plans changing from 10th October onwards. So for now I'll just stick with Jio and experience the difference in quality of the data network with the mass port outs and reduction in congestion on the network. And I'll get to know if the IUC is being scrapped or not by that time. If the data speeds improve exponentially with the reduced congestion I won't mind paying the additional IUC charge and staying with Jio. If by March I don't see any difference in the network quality and the IUC has not been scrapped, I'll consider porting. I belive in being analytical rather than being impulsive.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock