Discussion Are you willing to move to other network due to IUC charges on Jio?

• Thread starter iDJ
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 60
  • Views: Views 7,057

Will you switch to other network due to IUC?

• Total voters
I'll continue with jio... Here in my city Airtel,idea, Vodafone internet very slow and also Network issue... Only jio is very fast

Last edited:
I guess we should be able to buy a blank Sim card and be able to latch to network of our choice, once our plan expires every month. Just remove the porting model. It's frustrating these telecoms keep fighting and dragging customers into every **itty thing 🤷‍♂️
Thats what eSIM is for...

My primary sim is Airtel and secondary is Jio.
I used to recharge both the numbers.As In my old phone ,only one sim was VoLTE but M30s have both VoLTE. I was using jio for internet and Airtel for calling.So I don't have to be worried about. I Will continue with jio as my secondary sim.

By the way I had a doubt,what if I am not having 399 plan and I recharge with rs.10. Would I be able to place the call?

I'll just wait for vowifi services to be permanently enabled. Whichever operator does it first will be my operator. Until then it's better for me to stick to jio as Vodafone nd idea literally sucks and Airtel is still installing a tower near my area.

In America we get to change our number. Hopefully, same is introduced in India to avoid abuses. I get constantly abused because of Airtel issuing me someone's stolen sim.
But the sim will cost you $10 there plus there will be an activation charges wether you stay or port ! we can't compare India tele networks to American networks as American Tele networks are very much costlier than ours. So do the services ;)

I will stick with jio for now. Still cheaper than competition. And free hotstar live matches. When the perks disappear, i will eventually port to airtel as it provides better speeds in my area.

If your area is getting good coverage and speed from Jio then Stick with Jio i recommend and if your getting moderate speed from Jio & then if any other operators is providing good speed at 50 bucks extra. Then you can port coz the promise from Airtel , Vodafone and Idea says they won't charge customer for IUC as its btwn the networks and they should bare the charges not customers. Also Vodafone and Airtel is giving true unlimited plans now so why not a try if you think its time to move to other operators.
In my area Jio is getting 2g speed whereas Vodafone gives 1-3mbps speed and i am happy in Vodafone.

From last 9 months I am using Jio as main sim bcoz I watched cricket World Cup and ipl without subscription and calls will be pure VOLTE. Previously Iam using Airtel,but sim latches to 3G most of the time in our City.

My GF use airtel and I m a Jio user, now I need to pay 100₹ per month extra but still i will continue with Jio 😊 because no one can match the quality of voice call of Jio and yes I will get extra data also.
Honestly now a days Airtel voice clarity is improved a much. Both Jio and Airtel tower is about 400 meters away from my home.
Jio clarity was way better previously but the rush of subscribers continues and so as the deterioration of clarity. Once the Airtel closed the 3g in my area the clarity is unmatched now. But you have to select LTE only because at times it shifts to 2g which make clarity substantially poor. That's the reason Airtel lags in voice clarity for the reason of mobile tower migrates from 4g to 2g and vice-versa.

But only in LTE Airtel is way too good from jio.

Finally about this topic I'll upbeatly moving out form Jio once my validity ends. And the decision is not solely on iuc charges but also pathetic speed and discarding main balance recharge and soon they will be terminating all the 50 rupees discount voucher.

Well it's a myth that Airtel is expensive.
I gonna let you know Airtel also provides discount voucher. Also if you recharge with certain plan you will get 400/mb data extra for recharging for Airtel app and even you can pay from Amazon pay balance and get cashback not like Jio.

For your reference im currently in 1.9GB/day plan with 82 days validity with 5gb add on data pack with only 398 rupee,read it again only Rs 398.
To calrify it 448 plan provides per day 1.5 GB data for 82 days. If you recharge in Airtel app you will get 50 rupees discount voucher (not for all) makes the effective price 398 rupee . After that you will be getting 1.5gb data+ 400 mb per data for recharging through Airtel app. If you do recharge 1 day prior to your disconnection of your current package you will also be getting 5g complementary data pack valid for 82 days. Now all get excited! Happy clinching!!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock