AP Government Launches 15Mbps Broadband at Rs. 149, 100Mbps to Offices at Rs. 999

Maximus said:
Wait, what?? 149 per month?? FUP would be 1gb, I guess.

Definitely 1gb bro...

coz even Bsnl is giving 1gb fub for 500pack....

shawl_who said:
wow... thats gud initiative.

Remember, C.Naidu wwas instrumental in setting up IT industry in Hyderbad. :k

Then why u ppl always vote for mamta banerjee. Even in Bihar, probably d most underdeveloped big state, ppl have opted for curropt laloo prasad :s

For development, d only option is mainstream parties... bjp/congress.
Recent money scandal sting video of taking bribe on camera of all her MP, leaders has destroyed her honest image [emoji6]

kumarvishwas said:
I guess he is much different than others,although sometimes he becomes annoying by continuously blaming Modi but amount of work he is doing for people I don't think any other state govt is doing at present
No govt provides free water to it's people but he is providing 20000 Litres of water to all people of Delhi,providing free medicines to each and every person who is not able to pay for medicines,implementing odd even although this step didn't had much effect on reducing pollution but still rather than sitting idle atleast he did something,started toilet to tap initiative(was not shown by a single channel),and still 4 years are left,we can expect more improvements in Delhi in coming years
Zee News,India TV,IBN 7 are all puppets of BJP

I am from odisha.our state govt is doing same since 15 yrs .What is new in it? Offering freebies to people never increases economic condition.

piinku1 said:
I am from odisha.our state govt is doing same since 15 yrs .What is new in it? Offering freebies to people never increases economic condition.
It's only a year,and there are 4 more years,we can't judge him on only one year,and people might have seen some good positives in him that they voted for him second time and that too a win by 67 seats and record votes
Let's see what can he do in next 5 years,don't know about Orissa but north states are suffering due to these politicians whether it's Punjab or Himachal

Offering freebies from operational efficiencies is diff than one from tax payers money.
when was last time that a 3.5cr flyover was completed before time in 2cr. Give me any example of anywhere in country?
I know difference in working of mcd (bjp) vs delhi govt(aap).
dealed with both the agencies in past few months.
and we all know about gundagardi in orrisa. ppl effected by cyclone still living life of misery.

Nara doing what he's passionate about. Technology. Had he remained CM of undivided AP, H'bad would have become a global IT hub (it still is but due to his defeat in elections, MNC's went elsewhere in between). Its good to see KCR's son taking steps to overcome the indifference in the past. Rebuilding new AP's image with H'bad and all the earlier efforts of Naidu gone will be a challenging task, given that the during the crucial period when MNC companies were setting up R&D units in India didnt consider H'bad and went elsewhere, will usually not be willing to relocate or open secondary hubs. Still Naidu's efforts should at least pay off in connecting the villages, because developing H'bad didnt win Naidu an election, but developing villages should get the necessary electoral support for future progress of state.

sayan.sunny said:
Speed is the matter and of course they must have unlimited plans also...

Unlimited for this price isn't a fair bargain right?

It's been common in India, people don't pay taxes and in return demand high quality services with lowest prices.

I strongly believe we are behind in development because of tax evaders.(Atleast one of the primary causes)

P.S:Iam not referring you :).

kumarvishwas said:
I guess he is much different than others,although sometimes he becomes annoying by continuously blaming Modi but amount of work he is doing for people I don't think any other state govt is doing at present
No govt provides free water to it's people but he is providing 20000 Litres of water to all people of Delhi,providing free medicines to each and every person who is not able to pay for medicines,implementing odd even although this step didn't had much effect on reducing pollution but still rather than sitting idle atleast he did something,started toilet to tap initiative(was not shown by a single channel),and still 4 years are left,we can expect more improvements in Delhi in coming years
Zee News,India TV,IBN 7 are all puppets of BJP

I lived 6 years in China. They never give anything free for their citizens but in turn they provide them with heavy employment opportunities so that they can buy on their own.

Why should we give free?I pay tax for my benefit but that money goes for free schemes.

I strongly believe that India like China should provide opportunities rather than free perks.

AP FiberNet project launch and cable TV biz

Multi-system operators (MSOs) will be keeping a close watch on how Andhra Pradesh’s ambitious FiberNet project is taking shape. Though the AP FiberNet project is restricted to Andhra Pradesh, it could impact the businesses of the MSOs if other state governments across the country come out with a similar plan.

Chief Minister N Chandrababu Naidu has launched the AP FiberNet project that will provide internet at a speed of 15 mbps, WiFi, a telephone connection and 250 cable television channels (using a triple-play set-top box) for a total price of Rs 149 per month. The set-top box, worth Rs 4,000, is being provided for a monthly installment of Rs 99.

The project has been launched in Mori, a tiny village under Sakhinetipalli mandal in East Godavari district of Andhra Pradesh. All the 1189 households in the village with a population of 4500 have thus become fully digital.

The three services are being provided in the village now on a trial run. In order to provide these connections, the government set up Andhra Pradesh State FiberNet Ltd (APSFL).

“Mori is the first Smart village in the country to achieve 100% digital literacy. The Government would put its efforts to change all villages into Smart villages in a phased manner,” Naidu announced on the occasion.

The State government has ordered for 1 million triple play boxes for expanding the AP Fibre Grid services across the state.

As reported earlier by TelevisionPost.com, the state government of Andhra Pradesh’s AP fibre grid project will help MSOs and local cable operators (LCOs) set up a multi-tenanted digital cable headend that can be utilised as “infrastructure as a service and platform as a service”.

The move is expected to help operators to apply for digital addressable system (DAS) licence and sustain their areas of operations. Andhra Pradesh has 800+ MSOs and 9,000+ LCOs across 13 districts serving 1.3 million subscribers.

The commissioning of AP fibre grid will enable the MSOs and LCOs to utilise network infrastructure and to take part in this project.
The work to lay 24-core ADSS optical fibre cable for a length of around 22,000 km over electrical poles is in progress. As many as 2,449 points of presence (PoPs) will be set up at identified electrical substations to house the electronics. The laying of underground fibre for a length of around 60,000 km will be under Phase II in association with the central government.

The government plans to enrol LCOs as ‘last-mile operators’ to provide services to households connecting to the fibre grid PoPs through their existing networks.

The MSOs can be enrolled as ‘multi-service providers’ offering internet and TV services by connecting to NOC of the fibre grid and delivering through the last-mile operators,
Under the fibre grid project, the Infrastructure Corporation of Andhra Pradesh Ltd (INCAP) would lay 30,000 km of cable network in the state.

The completion of the grid will help provide video, internet and telephone services.
The government will use existing electricity poles for surface network of the fibre grid. The poles will be used for the overhead cable network.

While the AP government will provide the infrastructure, the broadband or cable TV connection to individual subscribers will not be provided by it. This will be provided by cable TV companies.

Cable operators can have access to the network. Telecom operators can also make use of the grid in places where they do not have cables.

AP FiberNet project launch and cable TV biz | TelevisionPost.com

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock