Discussion Anime - Discussion, News & Updates

IMHO Jujutsu Kaisen is very over rated story wise. Did not find anything new till episode 19. It's like mix of Tokyo Ghoul and My Hero Academia. I won't rate it more than 7-7.5. Don't understand how it is anime of the year.
People voted it and rest is history. This category had other very good animes like ID Invaded, Keep your Hands off Eizouken, Great Pretender, Beastars.

But people everytime prefer Shounen stuff.

2016 winner: My Hero Academia S1, 2017 winner: My Hero Academia S2, 2018 winner: My Hero Academia S3, 2019 winner: Demon Slayer...

It proves no matter how good other shows are.. Crunchyroll judges and people will vote for Shounen animes only..

Yeah.. Episode 18 & 19 were good TBH. Otherwise it's just the usual Mainstream Shounen stuff. It would also rate it 7.5 at max.

The reason why it won is very simple
Mainstream Shounen = More Viewers = More Votes

According to me Anime of the Year should have been either Re: Zero S2, Fruits Basket S2 or Oregairu S3.
I was surprised Oregairu didn't even got nomination for Romantic Couple, Best Boy, Best Girl.. They're afraid of Southeast Asia power, because in Anime Trending awards Oregairu dominated..

People voted it and rest is history. This category had other very good animes like ID Invaded, Keep your Hands off Eizouken, Great Pretender, Beastars.

But people everytime prefer Shounen stuff.

2016 winner: My Hero Academia S1, 2017 winner: My Hero Academia S2, 2018 winner: My Hero Academia S3, 2019 winner: Demon Slayer...

It proves no matter how good other shows are.. Crunchyroll judges and people will vote for Shounen animes only..
Last year they released some top 10 anime list or something like that. There was no mention of Vinland Saga or Dororo. I was really surprised by that. Both are really good and one of the top anime i have ever watched. Crunchyroll awards are full of nonsense. They don't recognize good script. They only go after those typical power ups anime where mc will beat villain one way or other.

I was surprised Oregairu didn't even got nomination for Romantic Couple, Best Boy, Best Girl.. They're afraid of Southeast Asia power, because in Anime Trending awards Oregairu dominated..
It didn't get nominated for Anime of the Year tho.

0GgM61R.jpg

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock