Amazon Prime Video monthly subscription and free trial discontinued due to RBI guidelines

Mr.Bhat

Contributor
Reaction score
Amazon will no longer offer monthly Prime membership in India. Moving forward, the e-commerce giant will only be offering three-month or annual Prime memberships. The Amazon Prime subscription amount begun at Rs. 129 per month, but this starting pack has been removed to adhere with new Reserve Bank of India mandate. RBI's new guideline asks banks and financial institutions to implement an additional factor of authentication (AFA) for processing recurring online transactions. The deadline for implementation of this new mandate has been set for September 30

Is the Amazon prime video mobile edition through airtel prepaid recharges of ₹89 is also stopped as it is not displaying in my recharge options?

What about Netflix? It also has a recurring mode of payment.
Will we be seeing long-term plans soon?

Google Play changes due to RBI mandate

MVcTJst.png

Happy with Google Play not being able to renew subscriptions. It's so confusing whether my subscription of third party apps like Saavn would forefeit on cancellation of yearly renewal.

Good to hear that existing subscriptions will continue to work as usual.

Using this opportunity, app developers must bring long term subscriptions for cheap or even life-time subscription as well, in coming days.

Good to hear that existing subscriptions will continue to work as usual.

Using this opportunity, app developers must bring long term subscriptions for cheap or even life-time subscription as well, in coming days.
That would be nice as most apps nowadays have started charging on monthly and annual basis. Before we could just buy almost all apps at one go.

I hope Netflix brings back their Discounted Long-Term plans.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock