Airtel Xstream Fiber plans as of 2024

• Thread starter Thread starter kathir
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 31
  • Views Views: Views 3,071
Ordered xtreme fiber 100mpbs plan. Lets see how is the connection speed, downtime.. etc

First ordered jio fiber but they are no slots available at the pole near my home. So they rejected installation and refunded the amount.
Connection is given today. Getting around 120Mbps.

Looks like given old Xtreame box. Below is the pic. Very slow
20240807-152233.jpg

Yeah seems like the older STB. The new STB is much smaller and the UI is quite fast too.

Yeah seems like the older STB. The new STB is much smaller and the UI is quite fast too.
Box has atmos logo but hotstar/sony atmos is not playing...

Xtreme play is used for the free 19 otts but app is very slow. Can't use individual apps...

Do they give any internet based STB (without dish)? I have 200 mbps 999 plan and in 1099 they provide DTH but I don't want dish.

Do they give any internet based STB (without dish)? I have 200 mbps 999 plan and in 1099 they provide DTH but I don't want dish.
Why do you want an STB at all? Is it for live TV channels? Coz if your main interest is in the OTTs then if you have an Android smart TV you can just subscribe to the Airtel Xstream play app and install it directly on your TV and stream the content. If you want live IPTV service then there are hardly any options. Even the Jio live TV will be through Hathway GTPL over a separate cable just like Airtel does with its DTH.

Even the Jio live TV will be through Hathway GTPL over a separate cable just like Airtel does with its DTH.
No separate cable will be required for Jio Live TV. It will be internet based, even though the service will be provided by Hathway.

@Esmail Jio Live TV is over IP, you don't need a separate cable.

You could even setup GitHub - rabilrbl/jiotv_go: Unlock the magic of JioTV across all your devices, without the need for the JioTV App. Crafted with love in Golang for a delightful blend of speed and efficiency! 🌟✨ on a local machine say a Raspberry Pi and watch live TV over IP. You don't even need to be on a Jio network, just need a Jio mobile connection.
What you are referring to is Jiotv+ and @Esmail bro is talking about the upcoming Jio's Live TV service that is not yet launched and is in testing phase.

Refer this thread for more information:

Interesting, but what is the advantage of the traditional system if JioTV+ provides live TV?

Interesting, but what is the advantage of the traditional system if JioTV+ provides live TV?
Answering this question here will drive this thread off-topic further. Btw, this question has already been answered on the above-linked thread so you can go through those discussions.

Read from here:

Back
Top Bottom