Good News Airtel Xstream app now available in Android TV

For large screen viewing of content on this app they are charging Rs.499, don't know which plans already include this, I am gold customer of Airtel still getting error of subscription needed.

tuveiL8.jpg

For large screen viewing of content on this app they are charging Rs.499, don't know which plans already include this, I am gold customer of Airtel still getting error of subscription needed.

tuveiL8.jpg
Working perfectly for me.....I think wait few days ..when new update available...problem solve automatically.

I emailed to Airtel regarding this issue and seems they are busy nitpicking only those users who are using their broadband services, while Jio Cinema is available to all irrespective of Telecom/Fiber services, Airtel XStream on TV is only available to broadband customers.
53v9rys.jpg

I emailed to Airtel regarding this issue and seems they are busy nitpicking only those users who are using their broadband services, while Jio Cinema is available to all irrespective of Telecom/Fiber services, Airtel XStream on TV is only available to broadband customers.
53v9rys.jpg
Yes. I m airtel xstream broadband user.

Has anyone been able to play any content? I am always getting error of Subscription required, is anyone able to play the content?
Same here. I downloaded from playstore on my Nvidia shield but when trying to play any content, it is asking for subscription. Incidentally, I'm Airtel prepaid user.
Without Subscription u not play any content.
Free For airtel mobile/broadband user.
I installed the app from my Android TV's Google Playstore after seeing about its Android TV availability in this thread.

I am an Airtel Prepaid customer too, with an Airtel Thanks "Gold" membersip. However, like it happened for all of you, I too was able to access Xstream content only on my mobile, and not on my TV when logging in using the same Mobile Number with said Airtel Thanks Gold Membership.

So, I wrote an email to the Airtel Xstream Customer Support ( [email protected]) . Their response had the following explanation:

Prepaid Customers (with Airtel Thanks membership) have:
1) Access on Mobile
2) Access on Web Browsers (this might include browsers on Android TVs too)
3) No Access on Android TV App

Postpaid Customers:
They didn't mention about Postpaid Customers, but I guess it might work for them the same way as Prepaid.

Airtel Xstream Box Users:
In addition to Mobile and Web Browser access, they have access to the Android TV app as well.

Airtel Broadband Users:
In addition to Mobile and Web Browser access, they too have access to the Android TV app.

Fortunately, I am an Airtel Broadband user. So when I logged in with that account's Registered Mobile Number (my father's BSNL Prepaid number), the Airtel Xstream app in my Android TV started playing content.

First Impressions:
1) It looks like Airtel Xstream has lost quite some content (mostly English) after the HOOQ STREAMING SERVICE shutdown their operations. Now, only around 15 not so recent Hollywood movies are available. Around 10 Tamil movies are available. Hindi content was a bit more than English. I don't think this is the case with just the Android TV app. I believe the same applies to the Mobile and Web versions as well.

2) No susbtitles were available for any of the Hollywood movies I tested playing (Oblivion, Gladiator, an old sitcom, etc.,.).

The app is good enough, but there is a lot of room for improvement.

I installed the app from my Android TV's Google Playstore after seeing about its Android TV availability in this thread.

I am an Airtel Prepaid customer too, with an Airtel Thanks "Gold" membersip. However, like it happened for all of you, I too was able to access Xstream content only on my mobile, and not on my TV when logging in using the same Mobile Number with said Airtel Thanks Gold Membership.

So, I wrote an email to the Airtel Xstream Customer Support ( [email protected]) . Their response had the following explanation:

Prepaid Customers (with Airtel Thanks membership) have:
1) Access on Mobile
2) Access on Web Browsers (this might include browsers on Android TVs too)
3) No Access on Android TV App

Postpaid Customers:
They didn't mention about Postpaid Customers, but I guess it might work for them the same way as Prepaid.

Airtel Xstream Box Users:
In addition to Mobile and Web Browser access, they have access to the Android TV app as well.

Airtel Broadband Users:
In addition to Mobile and Web Browser access, they too have access to the Android TV app.

Fortunately, I am an Airtel Broadband user. So when I logged in with that account's Registered Mobile Number (my father's BSNL Prepaid number), the Airtel Xstream app in my Android TV started playing content.

First Impressions:
1) It looks like Airtel Xstream has lost quite some content (mostly English) after the HOOQ STREAMING SERVICE shutdown their operations. Now, only around 15 not so recent Hollywood movies are available. Around 10 Tamil movies are available. Hindi content was a bit more than English. I don't think this is the case with just the Android TV app. I believe the same applies to the Mobile and Web versions as well.

2) No susbtitles were available for any of the Hollywood movies I tested playing (Oblivion, Gladiator, an old sitcom, etc.,.).

The app is good enough, but there is a lot of room for improvement.
I use it with the desktop browser on my windows 10 pc. Have installed it as a native app through the edge chrome browser and connected it to my LED TV with HDMI cord. Serves the same purpose like the smart TV app to view on the big screen. Same thing I've done for Tata sky watch service.

Have installed it as a native app through the edge chrome browser and connected it to my LED TV with HDMI cord.

1) So you visited the Google Playstore via Microsoft Edge (or was it Google Chrome?) and installed it to your PC from there?

2) How close do you have your PC and TV (as HDMI cables aren't that long) ?

Serves the same purpose like the smart TV app to view on the big screen.

3) Do Live Channels work this way? I am planning to install it from a web browser too, but directly on my TV instead of PC. Hopefully from a TV browser.

1) So you visited the Google Playstore via Microsoft Edge (or was it Google Chrome?) and installed it to your PC from there?

2) How close do you have your PC and TV (as HDMI cables aren't that long) ?

3) Do Live Channels work this way? I am planning to install it from a web browser too, but directly on my TV instead of PC. Hopefully from a TV browser.
1) no it's not an android app, it's a web app which is basically a browser tab without your regular navigation bar.
2) my TV is also the monitor for my PC, I don't have two separate screens, one can serve as both.
3) Yes as of now the live channels work but Airtel may block them in the future for non dth non broadband users. Also I doubt u will ever find an option to install it as an app from web browser directly onto an android tv but best of luck.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock