Good News Airtel will now let postpaid customers rollover unused data to the next month.

• Thread starter wewake
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 22
  • Views: Views 3,499

wewake

Reaction score
Update-

Airtel will let users carry forward unused data from a month to the next month. Airtel announces new postpaid family plans, users can now carry forward non-used data (up to 200GB), and all these can be done digitally.

Over the next 2 years co will invest Rs 2,000 cr in Project Next.

Airtel will insure handsets - up to 60% of the cost of the device in case of water damage.

Airtel unveils a new version of MyAirtel App that makes the entire customer experience real time

Bharti Airtel launches new stores with three zones. First zone is the shared zone with live social media feeds. Second zone is the create zone with a touch table-top. Third zone is the experience zone with music, TV and digital services

Last edited:
Q1. What is data roll over/ carry forward?
Data roll over will allow you to use the remaining data or left-over data of previous month in the
coming month.
Q2. Will my remaining data of last month be carried forward if I change my bill plan?
Remaining data of previous month can be taken forward to next month if upgraded to a higher
bill plan. However, remaining data will be forfeited if opted for a downgrade plan.
Q3. How will I know if the bill plan is upgraded or downgraded?
During change of bill plan, if total rental value is greater than or equal to previous rental value, it
will be treated as upgraded plan else it will be a downgraded plan. (data boosters included)
Q4. Will it be considered for data boosters also?
Data roll over is applicable on all data boosters/surprise/new activation benefits/retention
benefits.
Q5. How long can I continue to roll over my data?
You can continue enjoying data roll over every month.
Q6. Is it applicable on all type of data plan?
Data roll over is applicable on 3G/4G plans only.
Q7. I have activated Smart byte. Will, I be able to carry forward Smart byte data?
Data carry roll over is not applicable on Smart bytes, Pre on Post and Per day GB plans.
Q8. How will I check my roll over data balance and available data?
Check your rolled over data by simply sending a SMS or on My Airtel App. SMS DATA USE to 121
Q9. Do I need to activate data roll over or will it activated by default?
You need not activate the same. Data roll over will be applicable automatically.
Q10. My roll over data is showing 0 balance? Why?
There is no remaining data from previous month’s data usage. This can be due to rental
downgrade or customer has consumed complete date benefits. Hence, it is showing zero
balance.
Q11. Can I share the roll over data with child numbers?
It can be shared with child numbers.
Q12. I have upgraded my plan from Non family to Family plan. Will, I be able to share my roll over
data with child account?
It can be shared with child numbers even when you have changed from non-family to family
plan.

faqs-data-rollover_1499252529247.pdf
data-rollover-tandc.pdf

air.png

So the rollover will continue till I stick to the current plan..

the moment I change the plan, prvs balance becomes zero and then the accumulation of unused data starts again!
and this "A maximum of 200 GB of 3G/4G data per subscriber can be accumulated under this Offer" - is something really awesome!!

UPDATE:

the prvs balance will be ZERO ONLY IF I DOWNGRADE THE PLAN. If I choose a higher value plan, the prvs balance stays..

brilliant!

Last edited:
this is tried & tested, most operators stop this within few months...
also this offer is not applicable to all plans I read somewhere, only for some selected plans

I am getting the offer on 799/-, as my billing cycle change I got the roll over my previous month data.

This is what Airtel does all time. Hidden plans. Still not clear from which plan will this be applicable..

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock