Discussion Airtel vs Jio - Which has better network coverage in your area?

• Thread starter Thread starter thisisjagan
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 24
  • Views Views: Views 13,661
You might not be staying in Bangalore all the days.
Just as recently as this Wednesday evening, my mom called me thrice and put a message on WhatsApp. The message on WhatsApp I received, but when she called me it was coming as switched off. We had a fight over this..
Same other way round also was there until few weeks ago. Kerala situation is even worse than Bangalore. There VoLTE drops once every 2 hours. I got my mom ported out of Jio into Airtel Black..

Airtel is infinitely better, VoLTE is more reliable and available.
My home is in Bengaluru itself. I stay here 99% of the time. Airtel is unusable. My mom uses it and call drops and dead zones are constant throughout the way to her office. But she refuses to port out to Jio which is way superior to Airtel in most areas of Bengaluru. You might be staying in one of the lucky few areas which gets decent Airtel coverage since its pathetic in the rest of the city. I'm not saying Jio is the best. Its network is unusable in many areas as well, but Airtel is hands down the worst provider in Karnataka and only coasting on its brand name of yore.

This is literally false.

Me and my friends tour all over Karnataka every year and Jio has the widest and best coverage. Of course, some villages have no Jio network, but Airtel is worst with no network in more than a quarter of the villages. In Bengaluru city, Airtel and Jio are both equal.

The problem with Airtel is its unusable network for data. It comes to a halt in most places if you try to use two apps or webpages or downloads at once. Their 4G+ is terrible.
Well, I told my experience. I traveled to Gulbarga, Sirsi, Gokarna and Karwar. All these places are tourist spots and still faced both voice and data connectivity, had to rely on Airtel. I am using iPhone 13 and iPhone 11 for Jio and Airtel respectively so device was not an issue.

Never experienced any issues in past travel to different states.

Folks, I think it's better to mention the model of the phone while sharing personal experiences with a particular network. Would be a good idea rather to add it as a footnote in every post. This will make it easier to read for others. Isn't is possible that a particular phone works better with the bands supported by the network in respective region?

Folks, I think it's better to mention the model of the phone while sharing personal experiences with a particular network. Would be a good idea rather to add it as a footnote in every post. This will make it easier to read for others. Isn't is possible that a particular phone works better with the bands supported by the network in respective region?
Yes

This is literally false.

Me and my friends tour all over Karnataka every year and Jio has the widest and best coverage. Of course, some villages have no Jio network, but Airtel is worst with no network in more than a quarter of the villages. In Bengaluru city, Airtel and Jio are both equal.

The problem with Airtel is its unusable network for data. It comes to a halt in most places if you try to use two apps or webpages or downloads at once. Their 4G+ is terrible.
Yup jio is for better than airtel in Karnataka..

I am in Bangalore and i have all the 3 major network sims in my different phone.All of Airtel,Jio and Vodafone are terrible atleast in Bangalore.I don't know what for they put towers when there is hardly any improvement in the Signal strength or calling quality.Airtel used to be good few years back but it is equally bad now.I use Iphone13,11 and OnePlus 6T.

My home is in Bengaluru itself. I stay here 99% of the time. Airtel is unusable. My mom uses it and call drops and dead zones are constant throughout the way to her office. But she refuses to port out to Jio which is way superior to Airtel in most areas of Bengaluru. You might be staying in one of the lucky few areas which gets decent Airtel coverage since its pathetic in the rest of the city. I'm not saying Jio is the best. Its network is unusable in many areas as well, but Airtel is hands down the worst provider in Karnataka and only coasting on its brand name of yore.
I was using Jio sim both for myself and my wife in Bengaluru. Call drops, missed call msgs, inaudible calls were a regular affair. Fed up with Jio, I have ported both the connections to Airtel last year. All my problems solved with porting out. Quality of calls is superior in Airtel.

You might not be staying in Bangalore all the days.
Just as recently as this Wednesday evening, my mom called me thrice and put a message on WhatsApp. The message on WhatsApp I received, but when she called me it was coming as switched off. We had a fight over this..
Same other way round also was there until few weeks ago. Kerala situation is even worse than Bangalore. There VoLTE drops once every 2 hours. I got my mom ported out of Jio into Airtel Black..

Airtel is infinitely better, VoLTE is more reliable and available.
It's exactly the case. It creates unnecessary tension in the homes.
I was using Jio sim both for myself and my wife in Bengaluru. Call drops, missed call msgs, inaudible calls were a regular affair. Fed up with Jio, I have ported both the connections to Airtel last year. All my problems solved with porting out. Quality of calls is superior in Airtel.
I always was in the assumption that Jio had better Voice quality and VOLTE/VoWifi implementation. They've proving me wrong. VOLTE keeps dropping sometimes. I never imagined these issues in Jio.

Back
Top Bottom