Discussion Airtel vs Jio - Which has better network coverage in your area?

thisisjagan

Reaction score
Seeing missed call messages for few days now. Though i stay in a city with full coverage, seeing missed call messages. Like 4 missed calls and 5 missed calls. Other party is complaining that they received switched off message. Anyone else facing this problem? Not sure if it's due VOWIFI. My broadband is also Jio. So not sure what's wrong.

37xOFsJ.jpg

Last edited:
Seeing missed call messages for few days now. Though i stay in a city with full coverage, seeing missed call messages. Like 4 missed calls and 5 missed calls. Other party is complaining that they received switched off message. Anyone else facing this problem? Not sure if it's due VOWIFI. My broadband is also Jio. So not sure what's wrong.

37xOFsJ.jpg
I’ve been getting this a lot in Bangalore, Kerala and Rajasthan. Other side says my phone is switched off.

It’s not just vowifi, it’s there on volte too. And also even without jio fiber. Especially on iOS there’s no way to see whether volte is enabled or not, android phones at least show that in the status bar. I’m thinking of moving out of jio altogether now.

I’ve been getting this a lot in Bangalore, Kerala and Rajasthan. Other side says my phone is switched off.

It’s not just vowifi, it’s there on volte too. And also even without jio fiber. Especially on iOS there’s no way to see whether volte is enabled or not, android phones at least show that in the status bar. I’m thinking of moving out of jio altogether now.
OMG you are right. When I'm in Bangalore only I have this problem. It's a sad state where we don't a good operator in the market. Looks like i have to go back to Airtel.

OMG you are right. When I'm in Bangalore only I have this problem. It's a sad state where we don't a good operator in the market. Looks like i have to go back to Airtel.
This is like saying I don't like this boiling oil, I will jump straight into the fire.
Banglore has no good network neither Airtel nor Jio specially after 8:30pm. I've faced same issue but it got resolved after I turn flight mode on-off.

Jio have terrible network in Karnataka, I was travelling and experienced worst coverage this week even in cities while airtel still had better connectivity
This is literally false.

Me and my friends tour all over Karnataka every year and Jio has the widest and best coverage. Of course, some villages have no Jio network, but Airtel is worst with no network in more than a quarter of the villages. In Bengaluru city, Airtel and Jio are both equal.

The problem with Airtel is its unusable network for data. It comes to a halt in most places if you try to use two apps or webpages or downloads at once. Their 4G+ is terrible.

This is literally false.

Me and my friends tour all over Karnataka every year and Jio has the widest and best coverage. Of course, some villages have no Jio network, but Airtel is worst with no network in more than a quarter of the villages. In Bengaluru city, Airtel and Jio are both equal.

The problem with Airtel is its unusable network for data. It comes to a halt in most places if you try to use two apps or webpages or downloads at once. Their 4G+ is terrible.
You might not be staying in Bangalore all the days.
Just as recently as this Wednesday evening, my mom called me thrice and put a message on WhatsApp. The message on WhatsApp I received, but when she called me it was coming as switched off. We had a fight over this..
Same other way round also was there until few weeks ago. Kerala situation is even worse than Bangalore. There VoLTE drops once every 2 hours. I got my mom ported out of Jio into Airtel Black..

Airtel is infinitely better, VoLTE is more reliable and available.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock