Good News Airtel users can now set Hello Tunes for Free with Wynk Music app

• Thread starter Bapun
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 69
  • Views: Views 14,404
Anyone knows what was their Revenue Share due to Hello Tunes? This was quite a popular feature in Rural Areas with people setting regional songs as their Hello Tune. Airtel made a quick buck by applying "Download Charges" whenever you selected a Hello Tune. In reality, Nothing is downloaded to your device / SIM when you set a Hello Tune, but Airtel and other operators illegally used this word "Download" to apply such charges. It was around Rs 15 - Rs 30 per month. For new releases, popular songs, Hello Tune "Download Charges" were up to Rs 40 a month.

Irrespective of these charges, many users activated it for the #swag of your caller listening to it. In my opinion, charging was fine, as long as correct words were used (Eg: Subscription Charge, Activation Charge, Monthly Rental). Anyway, it is good that its free now. Anyway the song gets publicity due to the users, why should the user be paying for it?

No, Jio has been giving free Hello tunes from very long. Airtel did to compete with Jio. You can't even imagine Airtel giving it for free if Jio hasn't come to the market.
Talking about freebies. Wynk was completely free for Airtel users. They didn't charge a penny for streaming. They didn't even had ads. They only charged for premium to download music offline. Even if you were non Airtel user. You got free 100 plays a month to stream music without ads in high quality. And Airtel's apps were miles ahead of Jio's app. Everything in Jio was free cuz they were using us like lab rats.

Is there an option to remove a caller tune once set?...as in not having any caller tune

Mine is showing this error

Q3WiQtN.jpg

How to overcome it?
Anyone having any idea?

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock