Discussion Airtel showing fake data usage

Now recharged with Airtel 399/- plan of 1gb + 400mb plan ...even exhausting the daily limit the high speed internet wouldn't stopped, I used nearly 200 mb more data and the next day in the morning when I checked the data it says 200mbs used already. Don't know why this happening

My problem is resolved by the way. Now Data usage is correct. After posting here I raised complaint on Twitter, within a week this issue was fixed. Although they haven't provided any explanation for this.

I was on a rs 698 data plan on airtel with 2gb daily but i have observing since past few months that airtel data get exhausted even if i didn't consume 2 gb 😖 . Look this picture my data usage is 1.55 GB only and i should have left with 450mb still i got 90% data usage alert which is supposed to be come in 1.8 gb data usage . This really pisses me off jio is slow but at least it don't steal data . Am i the only one who is suffering from data loss? This is not happening with me first time its been from past a few months and really frustrating as i have my exam tomorrow and i can't study 🙂 best of luck!!
sa4ZZ0F.jpg

XmzLGHN.jpg

I was on a rs 698 data plan on airtel with 2gb daily but i have observing since past few months that airtel data get exhausted even if i didn't consume 2 gb 😖 . Look this picture my data usage is 1.55 GB only and i should have left with 450mb still i got 90% data usage alert which is supposed to be come in 1.8 gb data usage . This really pisses me off jio is slow but at least it don't steal data . Am i the only one who is suffering from data loss? This is not happening with me first time its been from past a few months and really frustrating as i have my exam tomorrow and i can't study 🙂 best of luck!!
sa4ZZ0F.jpg

XmzLGHN.jpg
If you are using data monitoring apps. There is high chance of getting incorrect data usage if you are using data from 10 pm until midnight.

Have you noticed how internet consumption is faster on Airtel than on Jio? If you raise a complain they make excuses of 4G using data quickly as it is a fast internet technology.
yes. Same Problem Is happening in my phone even when i off my data in night and then sleep and when i wake up in the morning then it shows that the whole data is used. my sim is of airtel

One of tricks telco use to round off your usage to much higher value. For e.g if the data usage pulse is set to 10MB, even if your usage is 10KB for a simple WhatsApp message, actual usage will be counted as 10MB (that’s 1000times your actual usage). Again really depends on your usage habits, when the pulse starts and ends really depends on usage.

But I found Airtel to be sucking your allowance much faster. I live outside India, with my telco where I live - my normal usage (heavy on iPhone - 5G data, Facebook videos, IG, YouTube and occasional Netflix etc.) will clock to max 30GB/month. But in Airtel I find 3GB/day is not enough consumers runs faster - that’s freaking 90GB/month and yet not enough. I end up buying more data bundles to cover the evening.

Only plausible explanation is Airtel having much higher data pulse e.g 100MB would eat your bundle much faster. What can I say.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock