Airtel rolls out 4G service in Durgapur with data speeds of up to 135 Mbps

Bapun Raz said:
Sarkar bro, is it LTE-A (LTE Advanced) which they were planning to launch..? I guess most of the new high end handsets powered by Snapdragon processors support it..

I am sure it's LTE A as they are combining different frequency, one is 1800 and other is 2300 but only cat 4 network. No cat 6 deployment.

Even lyf phone with snapdragon 210 support carrier aggregation of 2 channels with 10 mhz each. High end processors supports more channels with wide band.

Look here https://www.qualcomm.com/products/snapdragon/modems/4g-lte

Just look X16 lte modem support 4 channels with 20 mhz each with speed upto 1Ghz peak download speed. I think this lte modem will be released with snapdragon 831 chip.

Bapun Raz said:
I have used LTE+ with my S7 months before while Jio was testing it. Shared pics too on the forum. :)

So jio also testing.. Which bands they use for aggregation? 3 and 40, or 5 and 40, or (unlikely)3 and 5???

They were testing the carrier aggregation with band 3 (1800 MHz) and band 5 spectrum (850 MHz)..

Band 5 gives best coverage but poor speed, band 40 gives best speed but poor coverage so It should be 5 & 40. In that way they can get good coverage with best speed. Band 3 gives average speed with average coverage so it will not help them.

Sarkar said:
Band 5 gives best coverage but poor speed, band 40 gives best speed but poor coverage so It should be 5 & 40. In that way they can get good coverage with best speed. Band 3 gives average speed with average coverage so it will not help them.

Even 3 and 40 would be better than 3 and 5, as device ecosystem of band 5 is weakest.. Not getting their logic behind 3 and 5 agg.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock