Airtel rolls out 4G service in Durgapur with data speeds of up to 135 Mbps

rahul1117kumar

Contributor
Reaction score
India’s largest telecom operator, Bharti Airtel on Wednesday launched its 4G services in Durgapur . The 4G services have been rolled out using dual spectrum bands of TD LTE 2300 Mhz and FD LTE 1800 Mhz.

The Bharti Mittal-owned company has Carrier Aggregation (4G-Advanced) technology in the area which offers data speeds of up to 135 Mbps on compatible handsets.

The company is offering two new bundled packs for its prepaid customers where customers can get voice calling and data benefits. For Rs 148 pack, subscribers will get 300 MB 4G data along with free Local/STD Airtel-to-Airtel calls. For Rs 345 subscribers will get 1GB 4G data along with free Local/STD calls to any network in India. Both the packs are valid for 28 days.

The telco is offering free one-time 2GB free 4G data with upgrade to U-SIM. Airtel had also introduced 4G offer for pre-paid customers where they can avail 10 GB 4G data for Rs 255 in Durgapur with every new 4G mobile handset.

Under the offer, 1 GB data will be instantly credited to the customer’s account and the additional 9 GB data can be claimed by customers by sending the SMS to the operator.

The company is offering monthly plans for 4G devices starting from Rs 450 and advance rental plans starting from Rs 4500.

“We are delighted to launch our 4G services in Durgapur using the latest Carrier Aggregation technology. We look forward to offering a superior 4G experience to our valued customers who can now choose from a host of affordable prepaid and postpaid plans to get on the digital highway,” said Vir Inder Nath, CEO – West Bengal & Odisha, Bharti Airtel Limited.

The launch of Airtel 4G in Durgapur is a part of Project Leap for which the company will invest a sum of Rs 60000 crores over the next three years.

Airtel’s 4G services are currently available in 21 circles across India.

Airtel 4G service in Durgapur: Airtel rolls out 4G service in Durgapur with data speeds of up to 135 Mbps, Telecom News, ET Telecom

Hello, I am from Durgapur Only.

@MSK786 Yes its True

Airtel launched its 4G Services in Durgapur on 13th December 2016. Airtel organised a bike rally of 25-30 bikes with Airtel 4G flag on every bike and went through all important roads of the city. Everywhere in the city, I am seeing Airtel 4G Hoardings, posters and banners. They have also painted many shutters of shops to advertise.

Now coming to most Important part, Today I upgraded my Father's Airtel Sim to New Airtel U-Sim and got 2GB free 4G Data. But sadly I could feel that speed has gone up from 3G by only 20- 25%. To be precise, Earlier on Airtel 3G the download speed was 2-3 Mbps but now 3 to 4 Mbps. Once it touched 4.4 Mbps also. This is the situation when the mobile tower of Airtel is hardly 500 metres from my home as checked on airtel.in/opennetwork. How they can claim 135 mbps speed? In Jio I am mostly getting 5-8 mbps of download speed and sometimes it becomes slow as 2G.

MSK786 said:
@Sarkar bro is it true :huh
I do not live in durgapur bro. But if they are saying that they hv deployed cat 4 network then it must be true.

Max speed I get in airtel 4G is 52-55 Mbps. If they can maintain and deliver that then it's great for consumers

harshitag said:
Hello, I am from Durgapur Only.

@MSK786 Yes its True

Airtel launched its 4G Services in Durgapur on 13th December 2016. Airtel organised a bike rally of 25-30 bikes with Airtel 4G flag on every bike and went through all important roads of the city. Everywhere in the city, I am seeing Airtel 4G Hoardings, posters and banners. They have also painted many shutters of shops to advertise.

Now coming to most Important part, Today I upgraded my Father's Airtel Sim to New Airtel U-Sim and got 2GB free 4G Data. But sadly I could feel that speed has gone up from 3G by only 20- 25%. To be precise, Earlier on Airtel 3G the download speed was 2-3 Mbps but now 3 to 4 Mbps. Once it touched 4.4 Mbps also. This is the situation when the mobile tower of Airtel is hardly 500 metres from my home as checked on airtel.in/opennetwork. How they can claim 135 mbps speed? In Jio I am mostly getting 5-8 mbps of download speed and sometimes it becomes slow as 2G.
Which hand set are you using? Your hand set needs to support carrier aggregation to take advantage of this network? Not all 4G Handset support carrier aggregation.

@sarkar bro

Oh I didn't knew about that. I just thought 4G with Volte. The phone in which my father is using Airtel 4G is Samsung On7 Pro purchased from amazon.in few months back.

Could you please give some examples of phones which support carrier aggregation and how to identify them which phone has it? Does any budget phone upto Rs 15,000 support it. Thanks in Advance.

Off Topic- Where are you from sarkar bro in Bengal?

harshitag said:
@sarkar bro

Oh I didn't knew about that. I just thought 4G with Volte. The phone in which my father is using Airtel 4G is Samsung On7 Pro purchased from amazon.in few months back.

Could you please give some examples of phones which support carrier aggregation and how to identify them which phone has it? Does any budget phone upto Rs 15,000 support it. Thanks in Advance.

Off Topic- Where are you from sarkar bro in Bengal?

As far as I can see your phone has snapdragon 410 chip which is same I hv in my Redmi 2 Prime which is also VoLTE compatible. And the sad part is that snapdragon 410 does not support carrier aggregation.

Check Qualcomm site here to see which chip support carrier aggregation
https://www.qualcomm.com/products/snapdragon/modems

As you can see from the link there is no snapdragon 410 So no major speed improvements in our case. [emoji19]

Snapdragon 410 spec

https://www.qualcomm.com/products/snapdragon/processors/410

As you can see in snapdragon 410 spec that it supports only one channel/frequency of 20 MHz for upload and download so it cannot use multiple frequency to increase speed of 4G which airtel is offering.

Yeah I am from krishnagar, Nadia, WB

Sarkar bro, is it LTE-A (LTE Advanced) which they were planning to launch..? I guess most of the new high end handsets powered by Snapdragon processors support it..

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock