Good News Airtel launches Rs. 299 new Prepaid bundle with Amazon Prime, 2.5GB data per day for 28 days

• Thread starter Bapun
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 48
  • Views: Views 6,604
But that plan also gives 500MB x84= 47 GB more data so 59 rupee extra for 47 more GB is not a bad deal i guess :blush2:

Then take 448 plan for 2GB which comes out Rs 278 including prime subscription. So small difference like 19 - 20 ka farak will always be there.

Point in Good News - Airtel launches Rs. 299 new Prepaid bundle with Amazon Prime, 2.5GB data per day for 28 days was netflix is well aware what Amazon is doing. It's not like Amazon is suddenly bringing new revolutionary tactics to beat them.

If Airtel brought amazon subscription under 500-550 range for 84 days with 2GB plan just like airtel have other Zee/Alt balaji/hooq subscription that would be revolutionary step
Though there's some benefit for Amazon with these plans, it's predominantly for Airtel's benefit they are offering these. They want to fight Jio by hook and crook. And Netflix obviously cares a damn about it.

In jungle and the fields across the river. I get amazing speed in Jio in Bengal. Last time I visited I use to boat to other side of the river to download.
Well conditions are too worst in Bihar. No matter where you are Jio gives just about 1 MBPS speed especially in evening. While Airtel works flawlessly at any time with speeds of around 15MBPS. Haven't tried Voda yet.

And Netflix obviously cares a damn about it.
How? By offering 3 months complimentary subscription? Unless you are hardcore fan you will be done watching everything within a month. The only way for them to make money is by bundling their plans with mobile plans at little increased price.

Last edited:
How? By offering 3 months complimentary subscription? Unless you are hardcore fan you will be done watching everything within a month. The only way for them to make money is by bundling their plans with mobile plans at little increased price.
Complimentary subscription is offered by whom? Airtel or Netflix? Netflix made it clear enough times that they are not going to reduce the subscription charges.

Complimentary subscription is offered by whom? Airtel or Netflix? Netflix made it clear enough times that they are not going to reduce the subscription charges.
So, Airtel's postpaid customer acquisition cost is over ₹2400?

So, Airtel's postpaid customer acquisition cost is over ₹2400?
They need to bear the brunt for obvious reasons. I don't think Netflix will help them much.

They need to bear the brunt for obvious reasons. I don't think Netflix will help them much.
I think Airtel has some sort of deal with Netflix. No way a company will shell out so much on customer acquisition.

No way a company will shell out so much on customer acquisition.
This was true before Jio. They gave everything for free for over an year and changed the equations of telecom business. And Airtel is in that boat now, they will have to do everything possible to acquire/keep the Customers. Think of this, how come only Airtel has most of these deals, because they are sinking ship.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock