Breaking Airtel is 1st Telco to launch 5G in 8 cities from 1st Oct

What About Sim Card Upgrade???

We Must Upgrade Sim Card Right?? To Use 5G??

? Where you got info? I talk to Jio they ask sim already supported 5G.
As of now there is no clarity on this, most places online say standalone 5G may require sim upgrade. I had personally asked the Jio spokesperson multiple times to check with the tech team and clarify but she has also failed to get a clarification till now. A carrier update OTA will surely be needed to make it compatible but the sim swap still remains unclear.

As of now there is no clarity on this, most places online say standalone 5G may require sim upgrade. I had personally asked the Jio spokesperson multiple times to check with the tech team and clarify but she has also failed to get a clarification till now. A carrier update OTA will surely be needed to make it compatible but the sim swap still remains unclear.
Actually in starting when we used to get Jio sim the packet itself used to came with user manual with clearly mentioning 5G compatible. That's why I've so much confidence about no sim replacement. I thiy Sim card depends on speed of the network and don't you remember we used to get 150 Mbps within Jio 4G trial.

Actually in starting when we used to get Jio sim the packet itself used to came with user manual with clearly mentioning 5G compatible. That's why I've so much confidence about no sim replacement. I thiy Sim card depends on speed of the network and don't you remember we used to get 150 Mbps within Jio 4G trial.
4G sims are compatible with NSA 5G which will ride on the 4G network as a base layer but for SA 5G it might need a separate one. When Jio first launched 4G network they didn't know whether they will go for NSA or SA deployment.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock